How to make bacon Danish Army style

GHR

All you need is: bacon, aluminum foil, a bit of string, a 7.62mm machine gun and about 200 rounds

00000023.jpg

You start by wraping the spare gun barrel in aluminum foil. Then you wrap the bacon around it and tie it with a little twine

00000024.jpg

Then you wrap aluminum foil around the bacon and tie twine around it

00000025.jpg

It is now ready to be deployed into the "cooking device”

00000026.jpg

After just a few short bursts, you can smell the wonderful aroma of bacon

00000027.jpg

After about 150 rounds, your bacon is quite ready to be consumed. There's nothing like the smell of sizzling bacon mixed with the smell of gunpowder and gun oil

00000028.jpg

And the final result: Crispy fried bacon.

Bon appetite.

Last edited:
Hehe, very nice!! I love the smell of gun-fried bacon in the morning.... :lol:

Lol, you really must have nothing to do :) Next time, try make an entire breakfast, with scrambled eggs and bacon wrapped around your barrel...

As a soldier you must be creative if you want hot food. :lol:

We have also made sausages and bread in aluminum foil fastened to the manifold on a Mercedes GD. You don´t have to drive many miles before you have lovely roasted sausages.

Or you can put canned food beside the oil burner in a M-113 APC. It works quite well - a little too well actually. The first time we tried, it went wrong. The can exploded with a big bang and the entire vehicle inside and every man was covered in spaghetti with meatballs. The vehicle commander did not think it was funny.

GHR
You have too much free time in the army. :p
We must send you out into the world and do something sensible.

GHR
You have too much free time in the army. :p
We must send you out into the world and do something sensible.
Pure genius!!

If our Armies spent more time frying bacon this way, perhaps our Islamic opponents might start to realise exactly how serious we are. I think this idea should be taught to our senior Army staff at War College for implementation in cases of last resort.

On a more personal note, could you please do mine to about 150 rounds, Thank you!

Last edited:
Back