How long...

The Other Guy

Spam King
until Sony stops supporting the PS2? I want to know so I can go on a spending spree and buy everything i think i might need.

They'll probably support it a while longer, at least a couple of years. Even after that, PS2s are so common in America it shouldn't be hard to find replacement parts on eBay for at least a decade. I'm probably going to buy a used PS2 with a lot of games soon. I've always wanted to try some of them out, and there's no better time than when the games cost about $10 a pop. Being on the forefront of console graphics doesn't matter to me, my PC already looks better than a PS3.

I remember back in the 80's Commodore said that they would support their computers for many years. Anyone remember owning a Commodore?

8)

What do you mean by 'support'. Are we talking about supporting the hardware or making new games? If its hardware support I'd say 1-2 more years, if its new games that will be over much sooner. I wouldn't expect that many new games, most developers have already switched to PS3.

Back