how important?

--

May 12th, 2005  
danthepirate

Topic: how important?

How important do you think it would be for me to join the afjrotc at my school if i plan on a career in avaition. But the catch is i plan on going into the navy. Do you think it would still be a good idea to be in the air force jrotc? what kind of experience would one be getting in this kind of class?
May 13th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

It doesn't matter what jrotc you join. You might want to go to college though.
May 13th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

Join Sea Cadets
United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps
--
May 13th, 2005  
c/Commander

...unless you want experience as an officer. Sea Cadets can only advance to Chief Petty Officer, you cannot advance to officer's ranks.
May 13th, 2005  
fronzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
I don't want to join yhe Sea Cadets. I get seasick.
May 13th, 2005  
Trevor

If your planning a career in aviation, then I would think it would be a good Idea. Half of the AFJROTC curriculum I believe is Aerospace Science. Another good corps to join is the Civil AIr Patrol, if you're interested in Search and Rescue operations, you can also obtain a glider and pilots license as well.
May 15th, 2005  
danthepirate

hmmm..thanks
May 16th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by c/Commander
...unless you want experience as an officer. Sea Cadets can only advance to Chief Petty Officer, you cannot advance to officer's ranks.
Can I say Bull , that doesn't matter, everyone is a cadet, and if you tell me that being an officer in JROTC gives you experience... I will slap you. And do not insult My Corps. And our advancement requirments are the hardest of all cadet corps, in the US.
May 16th, 2005  
AFSteliga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by c/Commander
Can I say Bull , that doesn't matter, everyone is a cadet, and if you tell me that being an officer in JROTC gives you experience... I will slap you. And do not insult My Corps. And our advancement requirments are the hardest of all cadet corps, in the US.
I've got to agree with Sea_Cadet on this one. A Cadet is a Cadet, regardless of what rank they have. There's no way that one can gain true Officer experience unless they apply to become a REAL Officer.

However, check your fire, Sea_Cadet. I'm sure that c/Commander wasn't attacking your Corps with his comment.
May 16th, 2005  
c/Commander

Sea Cadet, don't shoot me please . Besides, I was a Sea Cadet...I know what I'm talking about. Anyway I think that in terms of actual military experience, being a cadet officer is definitely mostly worthless, but the leadership training and experience is not.