how important?

danthepirate

How important do you think it would be for me to join the afjrotc at my school if i plan on a career in avaition. But the catch is i plan on going into the navy. Do you think it would still be a good idea to be in the air force jrotc? what kind of experience would one be getting in this kind of class?

...unless you want experience as an officer. Sea Cadets can only advance to Chief Petty Officer, you cannot advance to officer's ranks.

If your planning a career in aviation, then I would think it would be a good Idea. Half of the AFJROTC curriculum I believe is Aerospace Science. Another good corps to join is the Civil AIr Patrol, if you're interested in Search and Rescue operations, you can also obtain a glider and pilots license as well.

c/Commander said:
...unless you want experience as an officer. Sea Cadets can only advance to Chief Petty Officer, you cannot advance to officer's ranks.

Can I say Bull :cen: , that doesn't matter, everyone is a cadet, and if you tell me that being an officer in JROTC gives you experience... I will slap you. And do not insult My Corps. And our advancement requirments are the hardest of all cadet corps, in the US.

Sea_Cadet said:
c/Commander said:

Can I say Bull :cen: , that doesn't matter, everyone is a cadet, and if you tell me that being an officer in JROTC gives you experience... I will slap you. And do not insult My Corps. And our advancement requirments are the hardest of all cadet corps, in the US.

I've got to agree with Sea_Cadet on this one. A Cadet is a Cadet, regardless of what rank they have. There's no way that one can gain true Officer experience unless they apply to become a REAL Officer.

However, check your fire, Sea_Cadet. I'm sure that c/Commander wasn't attacking your Corps with his comment.

Sea Cadet, don't shoot me please :lol: . Besides, I was a Sea Cadet...I know what I'm talking about. Anyway I think that in terms of actual military experience, being a cadet officer is definitely mostly worthless, but the leadership training and experience is not.

c/Commander said:
Sea Cadet, don't shoot me please :lol: . Besides, I was a Sea Cadet...I know what I'm talking about. Anyway I think that in terms of actual military experience, being a cadet officer is definitely mostly worthless, but the leadership training and experience is not.

If you were a Sea cadet, then you know we have Leadership training and experience, there are three seperate Leadership Trainings: POLA, Junior Petty Officer Development, and Leadership Academy.

We offer better things then JROTC does, and if you say no, I don't know where you've been. Although JROTC is there all the time because it is a class.

Back