How are you honoring those on Memorial Day?

--

May 26th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Topic: How are you honoring those on Memorial Day?

Well, I'm spending Saturday Morning at the local gun show. I figure why not spend some money and buy some firearms. Them boys that gave their lives to defend my rights. And as such I will not turn my back on them and not excerise those rights.

Saturday night I will patrol the mean streets. Same on Sunday and Monday.
May 26th, 2007  
phoenix80

I am writing to a Vietnam veteran now and also wrote to a friend of mine whose husband killed in action in Vietnam as well. Had to thank them for their service.
May 26th, 2007  
Team Infidel

going to Arlington today... quiet weekend other wise.
--
May 26th, 2007  
EDDIELAING

I will be attending a ceremony at the Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial, in La Jolla, Ca. ("the Cross")
My Father has a space on the wall there. God Rest his Soul.
May 27th, 2007  
Missileer

Either putting flags on graves in our two cemetaries or around the courthouse. I hope I get courthouse duty but there are some older than me who will probably get that job. Either way, it's an honor.
May 28th, 2007  
Sapper Mike

I'll be going to our Veteran's Memorial. Later, there is a parade. I am uncertain if I will stay for that. Gotta add two names to my list, one from A-stan and the other from a damn HMMWV wreck in Europe.
May 28th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Spent the weekend with my wife. Talking to my kids and Father. Monday (today) I am working.
May 28th, 2007  
bulldogg

Some quiet time with me, myself and Bombay.
May 31st, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Well, on Monday all of us at the PD got to Town hall and played Taps for those that cannot be here. We also went to the local VFW and American Legion and spent some time with the older folks there.

Sadly not much could've been done because we had three gnag shootings that day.
May 31st, 2007  
weed

Even though I live in Germany and there isn't another American for miles around, I still fly my flag from the house. In the lower left, you can see my neighbors German flag, he always puts it up whenever he sees Old Glory flying over the town!