How are you honoring those on Memorial Day?

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Well, I'm spending Saturday Morning at the local gun show. I figure why not spend some money and buy some firearms. Them boys that gave their lives to defend my rights. And as such I will not turn my back on them and not excerise those rights.

Saturday night I will patrol the mean streets. Same on Sunday and Monday.

I am writing to a Vietnam veteran now and also wrote to a friend of mine whose husband killed in action in Vietnam as well. Had to thank them for their service.

I will be attending a ceremony at the Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial, in La Jolla, Ca. ("the Cross")
My Father has a space on the wall there. God Rest his Soul.

Either putting flags on graves in our two cemetaries or around the courthouse. I hope I get courthouse duty but there are some older than me who will probably get that job. Either way, it's an honor.

I'll be going to our Veteran's Memorial. Later, there is a parade. I am uncertain if I will stay for that. Gotta add two names to my list, one from A-stan and the other from a damn HMMWV wreck in Europe.

Well, on Monday all of us at the PD got to Town hall and played Taps for those that cannot be here. We also went to the local VFW and American Legion and spent some time with the older folks there.

Sadly not much could've been done because we had three gnag shootings that day.

Even though I live in Germany and there isn't another American for miles around, I still fly my flag from the house. In the lower left, you can see my neighbors German flag, he always puts it up whenever he sees Old Glory flying over the town!
IMG_0489.jpg

Even though I live in Germany and there isn't another American for miles around, I still fly my flag from the house. In the lower left, you can see my neighbors German flag, he always puts it up whenever he sees Old Glory flying over the town!
IMG_0489.jpg

NICE!

Also form that photo it looks like you live on some nice property. If your kraut
neighbors don't like Old Glory, please remind them about how she liberated them from the powers of Hitler and later from the powers of Communism.

I got a nice view, and being up on the hill, I don't need flood insurance!

That's my neighbor just having some fun, flying his flag whenever mine's up. Actually, I live in a very pro American area. I live just a few minutes away from the old border(check out the photo gallery). I don't need to remind them about what America has done. Everyone knows all too well how close they came to learning Russian in school. They grew up with American troops literally in their back yards. They may not be exactly pro-Iraq, but they are not as anti-America as most people hear Germans are. To most people in this area Americans are friends, always have been and always will be. Some even go as far as complain that it is embarrassing that the U.S. does the fighting in the 'Stan while the Bundeswehr sits up north doing nothing but looking pretty!

For Veterans day, MY family and I took a trip to my grandfather and great-grandfather's graves, one who served in WWII and the other in WWI.

I spent some time pondering what it must have been like for my great uncle who was gunned down on Omaha beach.

Then, I did what most Americans were doing, getting drunk and having a BBQ.

Back