How hard is it?

Lamm

I was wondering what the shooting range is like at MCRD SD, since I'll be headin' there. I've heard the closest target is 200 yards and the farthest is 500 yards. But, what is the actual target like? Are they pop-up targets? I'm thinking they're black boards or circles with a white circle in the middle, or vice versa. Is that right?
Also, how hard is it to get Expert on your rifle qualification? Its kind of a silly question, but when I go in, I want to do the best I can on everything. And, I am a little worried about my shooting, since I'm right-handed but left eye dominant, so I'm usin' my right eye. I can shoot good, so I'm not really worried about my eye. But I haven't shot at 500 yards with iron sights though, and I'm wonderin' how hard that really is. I've heard that as long as you listen and follow directions, you'll do fine, you can get Expert with no problem. But, like I said, I want to do the best I can at everything I do, so I am worried, because that seems pretty far. But, then again, I've never shot at that distance before. My eye only plays a little part in my worrying about this.
This weekend, I should be going shooting, so I will set up a few targets, probably 100 yards max due to the size of the range, and see what I can do.
And, I don't want Expert just to show off, I want it for me, to prove to myself that I can do it, and like I stated above, to do the best at everything I do.
Thanks for any and all help.
Lamm

You shoot from the 200, 300, and 500 yard lines. Listen to your PMI and your coaches you'll do fine. Don't worry about it now. They will show you the authorized shooting positions etc .

Alrighty, like I said before I just want to do the best I can and get that Expert badge.
Thanks,
Lamm

i think you sould try the best you can because i think it is very hard to get expert but just try if you can't but you tryed

Back