How to handle the Iraq situation?

come on..stopping being like u ppl are superior or something......arguing with facts, not "weird tones" or "who is older something"

if Arabian nations can support U.S in iraq now...that will be a great help..

wut do u think?

Yes, Beast, that would be a big help. I think it may even be likely once things have settled down a good deal more and Muslims outside of Iraq can come in to help rebuild without being the target of terrorists themselves. We can leave the terrorists largely there when we leave - they'll have to live with whatever part of them is left.

Charge_7 said:
NP Beast

Blitzer if you weren't so concerned about that ego of your's you might even grasp that pontificating as you were was beyond you and made you ripe for somebody taking you down a peg. Having that happen to you is not always a bad thing. Sometimes you actually learn something. Debate? Sure debate all you want, just try to have a grip on reality and understand that _you_ do not have all the answers. If you had made your statements more in the frame of question and answer and a tolerance for either with some grain of doubt that you knew it all, then you would have been okay. You didn't do that. You sermonized from the mount.

Well now that you've stopped talking down to me, you make sense. I was trying to provide analysis on it, but I failed and preached my opinions on it right away. Like a college professor or something. I really didn't mean to be overbearing, I simply tried packing too many points for multiple viewpoints and I couldn't properly articulate it.

Maybe it was your military mindset, but "taking me down a peg" didn't seem to help. Now that you've calmly pointed out my vices, I understand your replies.

Well maybe when you're older (no not being condescending just another truth) you'll understand things differently. Just as you don't care to be talked down to - neither do adults with many years of experience like be preached to by youngsters. Tell you what, call it water over the bridge and we both understand each other a little better. How's that?

Sexybeast said:
:shock: alright, next time, dont talk like if u r superior or older or smarter or powerful or something, retired marine

Are you trying to lay down rules for me? Or are trying to force me into agreement? Ethier way yer 180 shot out on that score.

Sure thing.

But! A little back there you compared me to John Kerry. Please don't do that, that really really hurt! I'm not being smart either, that was cruel. :p

But do you really think we can trust the Saudi's? Or the stability of that nation? The impression I get, is that it's a country split, half moderates who want good relations with USA, half crazy fundamentalism.

Weren't you once garrisoned in SA?

The Saudies definitely have their problems. Is terrorism going to win over the ruling family and the oil cartels? Not a snowball's chance in hell. And it's nowhere near half split in who they support. The media may give you that impression but the truth is that terrorist factions are a very small percentage of the populous at large. Seriously, if you had a state guaranteed income of hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions, would you be running into the arms of people who want to wreck all that?

Oh and sorry if pointing out Kerry got a bee in your bonnet but I wanted you to know who you were supporting if you continued on that line of thinking.

At this point we are so deep into the conflict there is no other way to go but keep doing what we're doing. Can't switch boats midstream and all of that.

Sexybeast said:
show support/???
does that help?
does showing support can reduce the expolsions in iraq>

can showing support kick insurgents' ass?
can showing support accelerate the rebuilding??

U.S needs practical support, not spritiual

No, we don't need practical support. We have the most well rounded military in the world, we can support ourselfs. I'm not saying that a Polish or any other of our allies soldiers aren't as good as an American. We can handle the frontline stuff and the main bulk of the conflict and they know this.

Sexybeast said:
show support/???
does that help?

I am beginning to wonder if any of these supposedly 'chinese' people (who never seem to be living in China) know the first god damned thing about warfare!?! Really, you don't think it provides a significant moralle boost when you come home from a 10 month tour of duty in hell to see American flags waving, yellow ribbons everywhere you go, and people on every streetcorner thanking you for your service? Really, you think that's such a bad idea? Here, tell me how bad of an idea that is, tell me how our troops need to be disgraced like in Vietnam. Please, impart your wisdom to me.

Whispering Death said:
Sexybeast said:
show support/???
does that help?

I am beginning to wonder if any of these supposedly 'chinese' people (who never seem to be living in China) know the first god damned thing about warfare!?! Really, you don't think it provides a significant moralle boost when you come home from a 10 month tour of duty in h**l to see American flags waving, yellow ribbons everywhere you go, and people on every streetcorner thanking you for your service? Really, you think that's such a bad idea? Here, tell me how bad of an idea that is, tell me how our troops need to be disgraced like in Vietnam. Please, impart your wisdom to me.

well actually, what ever action u do there is people who support it and ppl who dun. like if u remove the communist gov in china, some ppl will rejoice but some ppl wont, in US media they would display ppl who like the US and not display resistance fighters saying they hate americans and the destroy u brought, u got to know all news are bias.

gingerbeard said:
well actually, what ever action u do there is people who support it and ppl who dun. like if u remove the communist gov in china, some ppl will rejoice but some ppl wont, in US media they would display ppl who like the US and not display resistance fighters saying they hate americans and the destroy u brought, u got to know all news are bias.

First off, that's not what Sexybeast was saying.

But to your point, there is absolutely no reason to be against the troops. If you are so ****ed up in the head that you want your our servicemen to die and your own country to lose the war then you certianly don't deserve to be in America, and I'd argue you are a traitor and don't deserve to live. You can say that you shouldn't have gone to war, but you can not say you want your own country to lose the war.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Charge_7 said:
Don't pat yourself on the back too much there, Blitzer. Chewie would say that just to wave the red flag at me. Doesn't mean he means it.

16 years is not enough time on this planet to have a well informed idea of how to handle a situation so vast and intertwined as Iraq. Sorry truth hurts. Wasn't meant to be rude. Just a statement of fact. Trust me, if I wanted to be rude I could do so more thoroughly. If you choose to take my observation as unkind that's up to you. Many people with much greater knowledge and experience than you or I and anybody else in this discussion are struggling with this conundrum and have been doing so for years, but you're going to solve it in a few poorly articulated paragraphs?

I know well of chewie's strong political leanings, you needn't tell me how much his compliment is worth. I'll judge that by myself, thanks.

You didn't think diminshing my opinion was rude? 55 years under your belt, I would think all of your knowledge and experience would get you an idea on insults.

I know how complex the situation is, I know we here on this little forum aren't going to solve the problem, I certainly know me and my "poorly articulated paragraphs" wont.

But who are you to dictate to me what to debate about? Because of my age? Would you like me to leave? Leave the grownups to debate?

Go ahead, be rude, be as rude as you can be. Make me cry off the forums.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I might not be able to understand it now, but when I'm a big grown up, I'm sure I will.

well cheers to the both of you! :?

i'll make it a bit more clear for ya'll

charge_7, you came down on blitzer like a ton of bricks for a potentially interesting debate topic,
and blitzer i meant that your response to charge was nicely put.

but thats fine, all the bitching has put paid to that

and p.s my political leaning are fairly moderate middle of the road ones here, slightly left leaning

Just shows you, Chewie, that when you hop into the middle of a heated discussion uninvited you can wind up slapped by both. :twisted:

Charge_7 said:
Just shows you, Chewie, that when you hop into the middle of a heated discussion uninvited you can wind up slapped by both. :twisted:

well i'll just shut my foriegn mouth until i'm invited then huh?

good one.

can't have us foriegn types getting too "uppity" now can we?

Leave it to you to spin it to something about "foreigners". Nobody even mentioned that except you. And far be it from me to tell you to be quiet. Purely a word of caution nothing more. Have a g' day ;)

Big_Z said:
Sexybeast said:
show support/???
does that help?

No, we don't need practical support. We have the most well rounded military in the world, we can support ourselfs. I'm not saying that a Polish or any other of our allies soldiers aren't as good as an American. We can handle the frontline stuff and the main bulk of the conflict and they know this.

lol....nice job in Iraq....how many Americans and Iraqis got killed by bombs now...how many hostages now? how many got BEHEADED? how many more ppl are going to die until Americans can realize that they cannot handle that Iraqi thing by themselves along..

they need internaional support, so there can be less bloodshed....and more money to help Iraqis to rebuild their shattered home..

if u really care about them?

Whispering Death said:
Sexybeast said:
show support/???
does that help?

I am beginning to wonder if any of these supposedly 'chinese' people (who never seem to be living in China) know the first god damned thing about warfare!?! Really, you don't think it provides a significant moralle boost when you come home from a 10 month tour of duty in h**l to see American flags waving, yellow ribbons everywhere you go, and people on every streetcorner thanking you for your service? Really, you think that's such a bad idea? Here, tell me how bad of an idea that is, tell me how our troops need to be disgraced like in Vietnam. Please, impart your wisdom to me.

lol...u misunderstood wut i am saying here, i dont mean that U.S Ppl should not support its troops, but ur allies...

i agree that ppl should always pay respect to their loyal soldiers for wut they have done for their country, and thank those soldiers who died to fight the evil in this world..

wut i am talking about is U.S;s allies...those who helped U.S in first gulf war...like EU nations, Arabian nations.....they didn't even offer U.S soldiers spritiual supports i think, they repeatly state that they are not for this war...

if they can give some real help (or at least support u ppl ), that would be great, perhaps less Americans will die, less iraqis will die and more rebuilding work can start

Beast if you think that 1400 US deaths or 14,000 US deaths for that matter will sway us from doing the right thing, you have little concept of American resolution. And if you also think that having more Europeans there is going to change things one iota you're smoking something you can't buy in stores. Ask Spain how much the terrorists regard Europeans.

lol...so u mean less American death does not matter??
u dont want less explosions, less beheadings, less death of either Americans or Iraqis>??

as i ve said many times... if there are more troops coming to help U.S to secure Iraq...there may be less explosions everywhere....
or maybe more money to help rebuild Iraq...right?

Back