How to get out of the US Army?

Mayjori

My fiancee is in BCT and does not want to be their. She was in the Delayed Entry Program, but decided to get out. She filled out the paperwork and she was told thats it shes out. A couple months later she got paid cause the normal school year started up again, she called the recruiter told him and asked whats up? He told her not to worry about it, hes never seen anyone have to pay the money back and it's just taking time for the paperwork to process. She called NUMEROUS times, cause they kept paying her, for about a year or so.
Then in September i was looking to try and get in again (i have a record that is making it hell to get in), and things were looking up, so we wanted to see what the POSSIBILITY of her getting in again was, aka if she decided to go in, would their be any problems or whatnot. She went back to WI (she was here in WA with me) to visit family and went to the recruiters office, he says, you ship in (roughly, i forget the exact dates) 4-5 weeks, we were both shocked, turns out he had put the paperwork in his desk and forgot about it, he said she had to ship or something, and we just didnt know what to do or who to talk to. Then about 3 weeks before she was scheduled to ship she gets a call and is told, your ship date has been moved up you ship out in a week, we were both like WTF. and so now she's in BCT been there since sept 20th or so (spent about 1-2 weeks in reception battalion), she DOES NOT want to be their and is their due to someone messing up. (though she wouldnt mind finishing BCT because she enjoys the challenge of it.) Niether of us want to live a military life, i have since decided i DO NOT want to join, and we dont want to be seperated for long periods of time. Some people/couples are capable of doing that but we really have no interest in the military life. So i need help on finding out the best way for her to get out.

also since shes been their, her heart murmur has acted up, her left arm goes numb due to it, and they ran a stress test and told her its fine, yet she loses feeling in her arm still? shes been sick, had pink eye, and recently really jacked her knee up, and she is having major depression problems.

the fact is, and i wont go into detail on my change of heart towards joining or any of that, she should not be in, we both want out (as her fiancee and soon to be husband if she's in, then so am i essentially) if she had decided to stay i would of course support her, because i love and respect her, but she wants out! how do we do this?

thanks for your help!!

EDIT:
just found out shes in warrior rehab for the knee " ... stress fracture in my left knee. one forming in my shin. possibly my foot. and starting on my right knee."

excuse me?

im asking for serious information, not BS responses, if you have nothing usefull to say then please keep it to your self.

Well number one you don't get paid while your in DEP. You don't get paid until your on active duty. Shall we further dissect the above? Yes? Okay fine. Onward we go.

If she was in a delayed entry program prior to shipping out (the day of as a matter of fact.) she would have reported to MEPS where her paper work would have been finalized AND signed and the oath of enlistment administered. She would have had ample opportunity to advise the MEPS personel or refuse to sign and at the very least gotten a delay while the problem was checked into by the Station SNCOIC.

So if she shipped and if she is currently at a BCT command she apparently did what was required of her and is now fulfilling a contract which she signed and is legally obligated to fulfill.

So my meter remains redlined ;)

she did get paid in DEP, it was some trial thing they did in the WI area or upper mid-west, the recruiter here in WA was surprised to hear about it as well. if i actually cared about your opinion or thought you would help id get statements from her bank to prove it, im not a liar though, and she DID get paid monthly, it was like 150 a month the first year and then 250 the second, or somewhere near their.. EDIT: she was paid only during the mainstream school year, as in no pay during :summer quarter" etc.

so we messed up on how we handled the paperwork problem, ok fine how were we suppose to know what to do, we were told it was to late to do anything...... ok so maybe we should have tried fighting it more, we didnt, we didnt know how. but the fact is she dosnt want to be in the military, she dosnt want to risk her life or get sent off, she dosnt want to be their period.

Once again. Sorry High Speed. The maximum amout of time you can spend in Delayed Entry is 12 months, Un ano, one year. Ain't no two year DEP's. And I doubt very highly that DOD would authorize a regional payment program. Care to spin again?

She signed the contract, she incurred the obligation. She has the duty to carry out that obligation. The fact that she doesn't want to serve or risk her life? She knew she was joining the Military right? No sympathy here.

again im not a liar. her DEP program was over 2 years, and she got paid during it.

call the recruiting station in janesvilel, WI and ask Sgt. erm Wagner (608-752-8197, the station commander, thats a publicly available phone number so hopefully it wont get removed by mods. i think they recently stopped the program, or something but he can tell you they were doing it at one point) if you really want to know if im lying or not.

look. i really dont want to argue over this anymore, im looking for information on how she goes about getting out. you may have opinions otherwise and thats your right.but i really dont want to hear it and it doesn't effect the fact that having to risk your life against your will is BS. Anyways, enough please.

if anyone has any advice on how she should go about getting out please post.

First of all nobody risks thier life in Basic :roll: Serving against your will? You ought to talk to some of the guys I seved with that were all drafted :lol: Service to one's country is a point of pride.
Anyway, have her talk to her Drill Sergeant, First Sergeant, XO, CO, and/or Chaplain in that order. Don't jump the chain of command or she'll end up even less happy than she already seems to be.

i didnt mean to imply she risks her life in basic, im not completely uninformed as to how things work. What i was refering to was after basic and AIT once she is in a regular unit and then the likelyhood of her getting sent to iraqi, or anywhere simalar for that matter is quite high.

thanks for the info, is their anything specifically she tells them? or just says "hey i want out"?

She's going to have to convince whomever she's speaks with that her resons are valid and constitute a sufficient cause for discharge. So, she'd better have all her ducks in a row before she brings it up.

nah, she was in dep to finish her associates, im pretty sure it was a pilot program for that area that has since been discontinued or something. btw found a bunch of her pay stubs as well..... not that it matters cause we arent arguing about that anymore ;D.

Well, I'd say 03USMC is on target as usual. I'll add that this is an extremely poor place to pose such a question. Folks here are pro-military and want to be there. I'd suggest you follow DTop's suggestions for following your chain of command and then move along.

Back