How to get a JROTC Program in my highschool

Joe252

Can anyone tell me how I can get a Jrotc program in my school and all of the stuff it provides like what it promotes and developes or show a me a good speech to the princible to get one started.

Mod Edit: There is also a sample letter on page 2 of this thread.

I don't know our school disscrit is pretty big its a 5A so we could get one if we tried I mean its funded bye the department of defense

Aye, our school got the Naval program last year. The idea is, the principal uses the websites to send an application. Smart schools will send an application to all four branches of the JROTC programs (Naval, Army, Air Force, there's another one, I know there is...) then the quikest one to accept is the program the school gets. This is the best idea, the Army has a waiting list of five years for their program, so, you'd want to sign up for all of them. I believe the Naval one is https://www.njrotc.navy.mil/ the army, http://www.ajrotc.army.mil/ the airforce http://www.afjrot.af.mil/ (the second two are just guesses).

hey joe, why dont u do Sea cadets or young marines? My friends have been doing it for a while and they love it! ;)

there are 4 JROTC branches in the US... Army, AF, Navy, and MC...

Marine Corps programs are scattered throughout the country, I think there are 15 in all. I tried to get my school to do it, but getting JROTC in a school filled with anti-military liberals is really hard...

If you want a marine corps program do this... write up a proposal or survey for your school saying that you need people interested in the program to sign it. Try to get 100 signatures(the JROTC HQ requires 90, but just go for extra), and if you do, take the signatures and proposal to your principal and have her/him look over it. I'd suggest coming up with a good speech or something like that to persuade the principal. If you manage to talk him/her into sending the proposal to the branches, then good job, you've made a difference in your school. If not, then oh well, wait till you can join the real military.

The reason I focused on the Marine Corps for this is because I tried this already with that same branch, but I failed to even get 50 signatures(50 is the minimum number of cadets that must be enrolled in the program for it to stay active).

I guess that's it.

Thank you for the info. didnt know that....but is still doesnt explain the Young marines or Sea Cadets

I was jsut sent a letter from the Navy telling me that when I graduate highschool I should send them a copy of my high-school whatiscalled (can't think of the name) and they would review it for admissions to Annapolis. However, in the meantime, they suggested, I should invest time into joining actively in an NJROTC or Sea Cadet program. They also forwarded information about the Sea Cadet program. If you go to www.seacadets.com you may find information on the topic. Good luck with getting an ROTC program, and happy hunting for Sea Cadets. If you cannot get Sea Cadets, ROTC, or Young Marines then you could attempt to find a local Seabees unit. www.seabees.com Good luck, again! :)

Back