how to get into shape???

airforcegirl89

i am planning on joining the airforce within the next 6 months and need to get into shape. so if anyone has suggestions for workout plans let me know :D i would greatly appriciat it

i don't know how airforce does it but if you train for the army i think the airforce basic is easier so you'd be prepared i think. Do lots of push ups and sit ups. running too. Also put a post up in the main forum category this is Jrotc nobody hear really knows basic in all honestly but talk to those in here who have they'll help you trust me they've helped me alot.

Instead of putting up another post of similar nature (which is illegal in this Forum, just so you know), I'll move this thread into the "Joining The Military" section.

But while I'm here, I'll answer your question as best I can.

Push-ups, sit-ups and running. Start off with as much as you can do (ie: your arms/legs literally give out), and build from there. Don't settle with 10 when you know you can do 20 kind of thing. Go hard for a few days, and then give yourself a day or so rest. Repeat process. For the running, try to do it outdoors instead of on a treadmill. You won't get as far, but it'll prepare you for the runs you'll be doing on BMT.

I think the biggest problems for civilians before getting in any of the services is commitment. Find someone that will work out with you that actually wants to work out. I was not in shape before I got in and I had a hard time keeping up with my scheduled workouts without someone pushing me. Find a partner that is in shape and working out is a part of their life already. This will ensure success because you won't have as many excuses. If you can't find a partner that is already committed any partner will do. Plan a workout a week in advance and STICK to it.

good luck

stay away from brownies...mexican comida (food), and excercise lots...thats what've been doing...i also substitute cereal instead of a huge meal for dinner...not to mention eat lots of veggies, fruits, and drink lots and lots of water. *wink*

If you really can't seem to get motivated, play a physically intensive sport.
Tae Kwon Do, soccer or basketball can do.

Two steps need to be taking to get in shape.

1. Mental Preparation - You need to stick to a workout/diet regime.

2. Sit Ups, Push Ups, Running, Side Straddle Hops (Jumping Jacks), Cherry Pickers, Mountain Climbers, Flutter Kicks, etc.... also start working with some weights. While running try it with a ruck sack and some weight. You'll get a better work out and also get used to forced marches.

Two steps need to be taking to get in shape.

1. Mental Preparation - You need to stick to a workout/diet regime.

2. Sit Ups, Push Ups, Running, Side Straddle Hops (Jumping Jacks), Cherry Pickers, Mountain Climbers, Flutter Kicks, etc.... also start working with some weights. While running try it with a ruck sack and some weight. You'll get a better work out and also get used to forced marches.

Pretty good..I'll try that myself...*wink* thanks!!

Please don't run with any weight on your back. Walk all you want with it but don't run. You'll be broken before you even get in.

Please don't run with any weight on your back. Walk all you want with it but don't run. You'll be broken before you even get in.

VERY good advice.
Walking with weights on your back is alright but running with it on is a bad idea especially if you're not really in shape.

And like I said, if you can't get motivated no matter what, just pick up a sport that requires cardio.
Just don't get injured while at it.

Lets start small.
#1 Eat right
#2 Run
#3 Some push ups and sit ups.

Eating right doesnt include getting lettuce on your Big Mac, it means eating healthy. Start setting a good routine for yourself and dont vary from it (unless necessary).

I am afraid that most people who ask for this kind of advice get overloaded with ideas and end up chasing their own tails. Start small, and gradually increase in intensity as you build self discipline.

12 weeks is all it takes

There are several weight loss / get in shape type programs out there. You could serch many places on google. Look up body for life or got to the website bodybuilding or go to youtube there are tons of free videos there.

The majority of these will show you 3 basic principals

1. Eat 6 small meals a day (Clean Meals) Low starch, no sugar carbs and good clean protein like protein shakes or chicken or white fish. Of course none of this can be fried. Try to drink only water no soda,juices, stay away from the caffeine.

2. Cardi,Cardio,Cardio try to run an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. If you can not run then walk. The fat will melt off.

3. Lift moderate weights. If you do not currently lift then start off slowly so you do not cause injury to yourself.

Good luck hope this helps you.

Work-out

This is the workout I use:

1 mile
10 3-count jumping jacks
1/8 mile
10 AF push-ups
1/8 mile
20 sit-ups
1/8 mile
10 3-count monkey bumps
1/8 mile
10 AF squats
1 mile
10 3-count dolly madisons
10 3-count flutter kicks
1/8 mile
15 3-count lunges
1/8 mile
5 3-count push-ups
1/8 mile
10 8-count body builders
1 mile

Then do it again, so it's twice a day.

Work out everyday, take sunday off.

My workout:
day 1
2 mile run (warm up at 7.5 mp/h)
Bench press, start heavy! (Works more effectively for me)
Military press
Bicept curls/Sometimes I do pullups instead
Ab bench
delts/pecs

day 2
4 miles at 7mph
1.5 miles at 4.5mph at 15% incline

then repeat

supplements:
protein, creatine, fish oil, amino acid, multi-vitamin

wow...i got tired just reading this..hehehehehe..I might try it myself....I usually run bout 2 miles every other day....

Work out everyday, take sunday off.

My workout:
day 1
2 mile run (warm up at 7.5 mp/h)
Bench press, start heavy! (Works more effectively for me)
Military press
Bicept curls/Sometimes I do pullups instead
Ab bench
delts/pecs

day 2
4 miles at 7mph
1.5 miles at 4.5mph at 15% incline

then repeat

supplements:
protein, creatine, fish oil, amino acid, multi-vitamin

Back