--
Boots

June 27th, 2005  
Miss-Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Challenge: The elephants fly at dawn.
your mocking me...

Is this how you treat poeple with different customs. Shame Shame.
Perhaps this is why most wars begin.
June 27th, 2005  
bulldogg

Absolutely not. I am just trying to bring you in son. Now give me the password and we can all go home. Remember your training.
June 27th, 2005  
Redneck

Cool it bulldog, we all get it, now it's just spamming.
--
Boots
June 27th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogg
Challenge: The elephants fly at dawn.
Reply: "the Owls are not what they seem"

(Sorry Redneck, couldn't resist it... )

Thread moved to General Chit chat.
I think it fits best in here (st least now...)
June 28th, 2005  
bulldogg

Roger that Redleg, we have a friendly coming through the line troops, hold your fire.
From a purely comical and concrete line of thinking one is forced to consider that assassination's definition should be as follows:

The act of attacking one's nation's fourth point of contact with your own fourth point of contact in an effort to make a complete @$$ of one's self.

On the serious tip the word is like many words in that its dictionary definition is not always in line with what some might call the working definition or the legal definition. Ultimately from a linguistic point of view it is only important what it means in the context of its usage and as such is subject to change according to the author and the audience.
June 30th, 2005  
greenarmy1980

Topic: Assassination

So an assassination could also involve a conspiracy as well right? (Brutus and congress vs Julius Ceasar) or not (JFK)?
July 1st, 2005  
ghost457

id doesnt matter, and there are many people who think there was a conspiracy to kill JFK haha, but it doesnt matter how many people are in on it, if theres one person, its an assassination, if theres 20 people, its an assassination
July 5th, 2005  
greenarmy1980

So like I put some poison in a drink and then some one drinks the poison and then someone else comes in and shoots the guy who just was poisoned, who actually assassinated him, the guy who shot him, or me for putting the poison in his drink?

Just curious, not anything I will ever do, just one of those, what ifs ya know
July 6th, 2005  
bulldogg

Forensic science to the rescue mate... the coroner would determine which act cause his death through science. There are actual cases like this scenario you have described in which a person would have been guilty of murder but someone else's method was more efficient and beat them to the punch. And if you use the right poison it can never be traced.
July 6th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenarmy1980
So like I put some poison in a drink and then some one drinks the poison and then someone else comes in and shoots the guy who just was poisoned, who actually assassinated him, the guy who shot him, or me for putting the poison in his drink?

Just curious, not anything I will ever do, just one of those, what ifs ya know

The trigger puller goes for murder. The GSW is the cause of death.

You go for Attempted Murder because you well attempted murder by placing a poison in his drink. So while the poison didn't kill him you had the intent. Of course a good DA might make a Murder charge stick because of your intent.