How Does Americans View the Mexicans Protest

LeEnfield

Just how do you view all these protest by Mexicans in the US, and do you think that they should get their citizenship once they have evaded capture for a few years. If the answer is yes would think that would also apply to any other country in the world. Also do you think that your politicians are really tackling the problem.

As a legal immigrant, I feel that these illegals can shut the hell up and work at become a citizen like me and my family. We jumped through the hoops and came here (USA) legally.

I view it as a bunch of ungrateful house guests getting pissy when I ask them to respect the rules of my house. Time for them to get the :cen: out if they're so unhappy they feel the need to protest and disgrace the symbols of my country.

It would be entirely different if these people were seeking asylum but they're not. These are economic conditions, not political ones that drive them across the border. I would not be so quick to throw them out were they facing mortal peril back in their country of origin.

I don't think any country should abide this sort of behaviour.

I don't think politicians give a good god damn about anything other than their own personal well-being so they do nothing except that which the pollsters and pundits tell them will get them re-elected.

I completely agree.

The problem with alot of the Mexicans is that they are here in the USA and enjoy all the benefits but couldn't care less for it. They are just here just to get what they can and make money, they forget the crappy conditions in Mexico are what brought them here in the first place. I live in California so I see this stuff first hand.

I actually think they should be given some sort of workers permit that allows only certain types of jobs, so they can be tracked and taxed.

hi guys, while reading all the news coverage and reading responses on here and on other forums I was reminding of something I was taught in high school....

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But, this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people." ~ President Theodore Roosevelt ~ 1907

Most immigrants are getting all crazy about thsi because they think it's an issue against immigrants, but in reality, it's an issue against illegal immigration. The US was built upon immigrants (e.g. the Euros... then came the Irish... then the Chinese... then the Southeast Asians.... etc.). This is what makes the US so great. It has many facets and values of cultures to draw upon.

Personally, I think that the illegal immigrants who have made an effort to live as an American citizen and have stable lives, jobs, etc., then they should be given citizenship test (yes, they have to take the test... it's freakin easy anyways...). If they're homeless and have made minimal effort to make something of themselves, then I say the US Marshalls give them a nice farewell at the border. I also hope that the US beefs up its border defenses. Somehow that landmine idea doesn't seem too bad right now.... (heheh j/k.... maybe....).

The boycotts weren't evident in my area. It was kind of funny because some Hispanic kids were running around my college asking ppl to boycott classes. Other students were like, "Are you f**king nuts?!! it's 2 weeks before finals!!" Ahhh n00bs these days.... :confused:

I think the major problem is beyond the illegals thinking it's about immigration. They seem to think that it's more about race. All they see is the white people trying to get rid of them because they are not the same. This POV blinds them to any possible reasoning.

heres a letter written to the local newspaper here:

Monday's boycotts were a display of racism and a celebration of the violation of American law ("Locals engage in boycott," Tuesday) -- pure and simple.
The argument here is illegal immigration, not Latinos. Yet somehow, the House bill against illegal immigration is seen as an attack on all Latinos, as though this bill is some sort of Jim Crow law. Well, it's not.
Most people seem to be missing that point. The bill doesn't go far enough to curb illegal immigration, but it does make some effort, really little more than force those here illegally to become citizens.
I, for one, can't see the harm in that. It would seem, however, tens of thousands of Latinos in Southern California do.
Here in Burbank, with our Home Depot strife, we know all too well how the illegal immigrant debate can divide and unite segments of a community. I certainly don't believe that every one of those people that marched were illegal immigrants.
So why were they there? A show of pride? For what? Immigration reform? No. It was a show of unity for the Latino community.
One would have to assume, from recent events and this boycott, that if the many Latinos in our communities were not viewing the House bill as a bigoted slam against Latinos and protesting it as such, then they are either here illegally or have relatives or friends who are.
Because that's what this comes down to: You are either for illegal immigration or for the rule of law. Seems those who marched were supporters of the former.
And apparently, based on the reaction of this bill, it's wrong to ask illegal immigrants to become citizens, and all Americans become racist when we do.
All we're doing is asking people to obey the law. And when one group of people decides they don't need to abide by that law simply because of their skin tone, what is that but racism of its own?
JESSE L. BYERS
Burbank
http://www.glendalenewspress.com/opinion/story/44719p-67520c.html

i think that he has a point. the protest became less about immigration and more about mexicans and latinos. the bills arent to keep mexicans out of america, they are to keep ANYONE from coming into this country illegaly, mexican or not.

5.56X45mm said:
As a legal immigrant, I feel that these illegals can shut the hell up and work at become a citizen like me and my family. We jumped through the hoops and came here (USA) legally.

Agree 100%:thumb:

5.56X45mm said:
I am with you, Luis

That's Why They Are Called "illegal" ...

bulldogg said:
I view it as a bunch of ungrateful house guests getting pissy when I ask them to respect the rules of my house. Time for them to get the :cen: out if they're so unhappy they feel the need to protest and disgrace the symbols of my country.

It would be entirely different if these people were seeking asylum but they're not. These are economic conditions, not political ones that drive them across the border. I would not be so quick to throw them out were they facing mortal peril back in their country of origin.

I don't think any country should abide this sort of behaviour.

I don't think politicians give a good god damn about anything other than their own personal well-being so they do nothing except that which the pollsters and pundits tell them will get them re-elected.

DITTO but DOUBLE

I say send every dam* one of them the h*ll back home where they belong. If they want to live and work in this country let them do what every other "LEGAL" immigrant has done ... follow the rules and laws of this country.

What so many people have lost sight of ... is ... the very first thing these people did when they entered this country was to break our laws. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE CALLED "ILLEGAL".

I think its safe to say that the Immigrant Problem has sort of died out...lol...havent seen anything on the news in a while...

there is all sorts of news on it....it has never gone away and will not....

check this out:

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Illegel immigrants have these rights;
A. food
B. Water
C. as necessary medical treatment to get them to a point where they can be deported
D. A safe means of travel, that they can pay for by confiscating any funds on their person, to a deportation point where all pics and necessary id measures taken.

then a swift kick in the ass OUT of the country...repeated as necessary

Blackwatch, what news broadcasting network are you watching? I haven't seen anything on the major news companies like CBS,NBC,MSNBC,CNN...etc.I wanna see the news...Most stuff now is about the drunken Ted Kennedy...I realize that it will not go away, but it has gone away from the spotlight.

Exactly what I say with everything. Like 9-11. See post where I talk about getting patriotism in short bursts. Where I say that after 9-11, there were flags on every house, and now Im the only one who hangs it every day..etc

Beginning and end of the discussion ...

Blackwatch has said it all ...

Illegel immigrants have these rights;
A. food
B. Water
C. as necessary medical treatment to get them to a point where they can be deported
D. A safe means of travel, that they can pay for by confiscating any funds on their person, to a deportation point where all pics and necessary id measures taken.

then a swift kick in the ass OUT of the country...repeated as necessary

Beginning and end of the discussion ..................................

Back