How did Westerner look at Chinese in Korean War? - Page 6

--

February 28th, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
look, what im saying is when you have the first units up and battling, you reinforce it when their strength is at least 75 or below, this will give you the additional firepower and strength to make it to the hills.
It is just a difference in concept of warfare that is acceptable to either side.
March 15th, 2005  
Mark Conley

well mech...what can I say?

I asked my Father in Law if he really had been in a fox hole for 20 hours during a battle with the red chinese forces in Korea...i related what you had said in the forum about the situation...

His reply? Yes. contrary to popular belief, the US and the red chinese weren't really specific about following the battle plans and would get bogged down in little long term slug fests like he mentioned.

When i asked him how they dealt with the horde or wave type type tactics against a fixed position...he related that the marine or navy air groups could and did press some serious air support..including 50 caliber strafing attacks, napalm, and quite a few bombs.

He says his groups could and did fend off 20 hour attacks...who am i to say he didn't. Especially since he has that M-1 off the wall...and a leering grin on his face as he is pointing it this way...
March 15th, 2005  
03USMC

Try googling Korea and Hill Fights or Reno, Carson City, Las Vegas and Korea. Those are some USMC outposts late in the war that fought exactly those type of fights.
--
March 16th, 2005  
MadeInChina

lol, i still dont believe any chiense commander is reatrded enough to have a 20 hour attack while the americans sat back and fired back

thats impossible, after 1 hour the attack is definelty called off

close combat is the most occuring thing when a 20hour battle occurs

lol, seriously western documents are not accurate, especially from a father in law whom i dont even know if he has proof that he went to the korean war

why red forman would have a much realistic story than that
March 16th, 2005  
Zucchini

This site shows the wide scope in casualty estimates:

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat2.htm
March 16th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech
lol, i still dont believe any chiense commander is reatrded enough to have a 20 hour attack while the americans sat back and fired back

thats impossible, after 1 hour the attack is definelty called off

close combat is the most occuring thing when a 20hour battle occurs

lol, seriously western documents are not accurate, especially from a father in law whom i dont even know if he has proof that he went to the korean war

why red forman would have a much realistic story than that

Oh well. I guess I'm just more inclined to believe historical accounts rathar than the Party Line of the Peking Peoples Daily Worker.
March 16th, 2005  
Zucchini

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
look, what im saying is when you have the first units up and battling, you reinforce it when their strength is at least 75 or below, this will give you the additional firepower and strength to make it to the hills.
It is just a difference in concept of warfare that is acceptable to either side.

I think the concept is acceptable to both sides.

It is the serendipity of history that current Americans think their country would not send soldiers in human-wave attacks. If the circumstance required it, their country would demand that sacrifice. Most countries would.
March 17th, 2005  
MadeInChina

Quote:
Oh well. I guess I'm just more inclined to believe historical accounts rathar than the Party Line of the Peking Peoples Daily Worker.
lol for ur infomation im not a worker, im a student and not a member of ccp

maybe for future references its called beijing

1,000,000 (Britannica)
225,000 KIA (Pentagon: "KWM")
]

as u see, two western countires coming up with complete different answers for chinese casulties

this is just sad, it proves that you have no idea of what the casulties are

therefore dont go and point and say a million dead
March 17th, 2005  
Zucchini

Mech,

I presume that the Chinese notified families about lost men in the Korean War.

Is that what they did?

I do accept it as factual that there were attacks where large numbers of Chinese soldiers were killed in frontal assaults - North Koreans, too.

I also know my military has had a propensity for exaggerating the casualties of an opponent in wars.

I wish the Chinese government would just declassify their losses in the Korean War.
March 17th, 2005  
Boobies

Quote:
Are you sure those historical accounts not bias? I can understand the vets' account of the battles, but 1 Mil Chinese soldiers died? C'mon, I would advice you to look at others' data (non-Commies or Commies) instead of focusing on the US military's version of "Dr. Feel Good".