How to cure the real drug problem

Pacific Lure

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif]The other day, a gentlemen at a store in a small town read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farm house in the adjoining county. [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif]He asked me a rhetorical question. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif]"Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"
[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif]I did have a drug problem when I was a kid growing up on the farm.

[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif]I was drug to church on Sunday morning. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif]I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.

I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Comic Sans, Sans-serif]I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.

I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie,brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort.

I was drug to the kitchen sink if I uttered a profane four letter word. (I do know what Lye soap tastes like.)

I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields.

I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out to fix a clothesline or chop some fire wood, and if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the wood shed.

Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think.

They are stronger than cocaine, crack or heroin, and if today's children had this kind of drug problem, the world might be a better place today."

Author Unknown
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back