How come stuff like this doesn't make the news

I read about this a few months ago. One word for him and those other three Marines: Badass.

I f**king hate how the media is today. They all focus on the bad, and why? Because it gets the damn ratings thats why. They don't concentrate on this kind of stuff. It gets me really heated. Like Jason said, a few soldiers act like ass-rabbits and abuse some prisoners and its rammed down our throat like its some natural disaster. But hell, come to think of it even natural disasters aren't covered the way the bad controversies are. I swear to God I've heard more about Kerry's three Purple Hearts and "He threw the ribbons/Threw the medals/Ribbons means the medal too" than I have about whats actually going on in the TWO countries we're fighting in. Oh ya! Once the next war comes along all the focus goes to that. Doesn't anyone remember when the media was orgasming over the bombing of Tora Bora. They never do stories about whats going on over there. So lets face it people. The only 'war coverage' we get is when our troops rip through a country at the beginning of the war, when we're bombing the sh*t out of a heavily populated area with lots of people with satellite hooked up cameras from Newsweek and Life and NBC, or when a few FUBAR soldiers flashback to their screwed up childhood and decide to beat a enemy soldier being held prisoner. Gotta love America! (I do really love America, but I hate its media).

Well it seems that Focus has brought it all into focus, pun intended.

it is true though, our media does focus to much on the bad stuff, rather then on the heroism of our soldiers

Well...

if they shown this on the news, it is going to pump so much adrenaline into the crowd that can distort the realities of war. Those marines are brave however the story can become a double edge sword. For some, it can glorified the war or any other wars in that matters.

A United States Marine Corps Captain recieving the Navy Cross.The nations 2nd highest award for valor does not let me repeat does not glorify war. It recognizes a highly couragous Marine Officer for his valor.
The media did not notice it or air it. So what. The important people already knew.

Back