How Close are we to a US Draft?

--

June 28th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Topic: How Close are we to a US Draft?

With 65 year old retired army reservists being called in to fill the ranks and recruiting efforts hitting new lows, just how close are we to having a draft?

Do we millitarilly need a draft but the politicians arn't willing to do it?
June 28th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

No, not unless something really crazy happens...
June 29th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

I don't think there is going to be a draft unless we go to war with NK
--
June 29th, 2005  
jackehammond

Topic: Re: How Close are we to a US Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
With 65 year old retired army reservists being called in to fill the ranks and recruiting efforts hitting new lows, just how close are we to having a draft?

Do we millitarilly need a draft but the politicians arn't willing to do it?
Dear Member,

Where did you read that 65 year old reservists are being recalled to active duty. At 62 all military retires hip-pocket orders are void. Are you sure you are not reading about a 65 year old retired volunteering for some job in Iraq?

Jack E. Hammond
June 29th, 2005  
behemoth79

were not going to have a draft unless the war extends into another country. As long as we stay in Iraq, there wont be a draft.
June 29th, 2005  
Bory

I may not be an American, but I know that if the US gets the Draft, Australia won't be too far behind. At the moment there really is no need for it, And it's not the best thing to introduce if you want to win an election.
July 2nd, 2005  
queens_ranger

removed

mod edit: It is against the forum rules to post in any language other than english. Also, there is no independent advertising allowed on the forum
October 16th, 2005  
JAS

doubt it will happen..we wouldnt want to interupt some affluent american boys, college etc.. some of those boy's parents are probably friends of Presidnet Bush
October 16th, 2005  
phoenix80

doubt it will happen!
October 16th, 2005  
therise21

i dont think there will be a US draft. i read somewhere that the armed forces are beginning to try new recruiting tactics and the numbers for the last few months were starting to look better. i tried to find the source but couldnt.