How Close are we to a US Draft? - Page 2

--

October 16th, 2005  
Whispering Death

I think this thread was created to talk about the Iraq situation as of 4 months ago, not today.
October 16th, 2005  
uncle charlie

Not close enough in my opinion. Personally, I think all able bodied men should have to serve their country for 2-3 years. A lot of folks seem to take their freedom for granted.
October 16th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle charlie
Not close enough in my opinion. Personally, I think all able bodied men should have to serve their country for 2-3 years. A lot of folks seem to take their freedom for granted.
Yeah, awsome plan. We'll have to feed, cloth, train, and shelter a multi-million man army and with our leftover money we might have just enough to put an M-16 on a donkey cart and call it our nation's only tank.
--
October 17th, 2005  
OORAH

I dont know how many of you are still in high school, but at Alexander High in New York, there are Marine Corps recruiters in Dress Blues in our lunch room all the time , sometimes there will be a doggie with his fatigues on and every once in a while there will be some swabbie officer in dinner whites walking around handed junk out.

October 17th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

At my HS there is always Marine/Army recruiters on campus. Most people don't really care or don't like the military. Can't imagine why though.
October 17th, 2005  
Fox

I don't there won't be US draft, either.
October 17th, 2005  
tomtom22

Topic: Re: How Close are we to a US Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
With 65 year old retired army reservists being called in to fill the ranks and recruiting efforts hitting new lows, just how close are we to having a draft?

Do we millitarilly need a draft but the politicians arn't willing to do it?
Where are you getting "65 year old reservists???

There are age limits for serving. For officers up to O-5, I believe (at least for my era) it is 28 years since commissioned or age 53. The is something similar for enlisted, but not being enlisted I will leave it to others.
October 17th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

There will be a Draft when the PRC marches in front of the White House.
October 17th, 2005  
Whispering Death

I'll make this extra clear

THIS IS AN OLD THREAD

The issues in the time at which this thread was created (mid-June) are quite different than now (mid-October).

I would apreciate it if time-sensitive threads where not bumped 4 months after they where created.
October 17th, 2005  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
THIS IS AN OLD THREAD
The issues in the time at which this thread was created (mid-June) are quite different than now (mid-October).
What is so different? We, the US of A, are still in Iraq & Afganistan, recruiting is still falling short of goals. It seems to me that the case for the draft is getting closer to reality than you would like to admit.