How to choose military boots?

zander_0633

Milforum Gnat
I am going to Philipines soon and want to get a pair of boots which can be used for hiking and construction and military uses. Any pointers on what type of boots should I buy nad what to look out for like colour and material?

zander_0633 said:
I am going to Philipines soon and want to get a pair of boots which can be used for hiking and construction and military uses. Any pointers on what type of boots should I buy nad what to look out for like colour and material?

Try Jungle Boots.

Well, Jungle boots do not have give support to the ankle thus when use extensively, the angle may be injuried!

zander_0633 said:
Well, Jungle boots do not have give support to the ankle thus when use extensively, the angle may be injuried!

Actually I have twisted my ankle more than once with a jungle boot on an it has stopped my ankle from being injured.

You know, I had these really really old Army boots. Standard black and all. They were the model with a really tall ankle on them. Those gave my feet the best support of any combat boots I've owned, but I don't believe they make them anymore. I have really narrow big feet, so what generally works for me doesn't work for anyone else.

Last edited:
Cadet Seaman said:
Actually I have twisted my ankle more than once with a jungle boot on an it has stopped my ankle from being injured.

You mean you twisted your ankles wearing the Jungle boots, but the jungle boots has also stopped your ankle from injury?

I just recieved this pair of army boots from my cousin. The size is 270. Any idea wad is the equvilient in US size or UK size?

I swear by my HiTech Magnums... Zander there is no Holy Grail of Combat Footwear for all users... depends on you. Try out some and see what works best for you.

I love my Forced Entry Tactical Boots. I bought them to replace my old jungle boots just in time for my encampment... my feet thanked me.

I've got a pair of Taipans. Made in Australia by Highmark Shoes... and they are, without a moment of doubt the best boots I've owned. I was wearing them all the time until I got my ear chewed by a WO1 from 9RQR up at Purga Range. So now I'm back to wearing my Terras (standard Australian Army boots) to avoid situation like that again.

godofthunder9010 said:
You know, I had these really really old Army boots. Standard black and all. They were the model with a really tall ankle on them. Those gave my feet the best support of any combat boots I've owned, but I don't believe they make them anymore. I have really narrow big feet, so what generally works for me doesn't work for anyone else.

No they don't but the knowing the U.S. Military they had them stock piled.

Go with Bulldoggs suggestion Magnum Hi-Techs outstanding boots like jungle boots (so nice and comfy), but with added support. Nice bit of kit wouldnt be anywhere without em!!!:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Ok, thanks. Any idea wad brand is the Australiian Army wearing?

They are called Terra Combat Boots.
terra-boot.jpg

Back