How are children suppose to be raised? - Page 4

--
Boots

July 14th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenarmy1980
You all have been a great help in helping me understand the dynamics of raising a child. Unfortunately the relationship did not work out once she found out that I may be deployed again real soon. I am just glad it happened now and not while I was on deployment.
So how about the baby Green? If I can ask of course.
July 14th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
I think you and I are saying the same thing, Italian Guy.
Yeah. We get on with each other, hunny
At least we're not "hooking up." I recently found out what that means in today's jargon.
July 15th, 2005  
greenarmy1980

The child mentioned is four years old and I took him outside and we played Army and stuff, I think he will do fine with whomever his mother chooses to date, he seems really bright and easy going.
--
Boots
July 15th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenarmy1980
The child mentioned is four years old and I took him outside and we played Army and stuff, I think he will do fine with whomever his mother chooses to date, he seems really bright and easy going.
I hope for the best.
July 15th, 2005  
greenarmy1980

I pray for the kid also
July 26th, 2005  
wife of lips

Children do definitly learn by example.I try to remain calm with my kids(3) and show them that they will receive more positive attention from good behaviour than bad. Keep punishment short and back it up with positive reusurance.
June 6th, 2006  
greenarmy1980

Thanks for all the input. I have used some and it is working rather well.
June 6th, 2006  
Sooners1

I know this may be a little late, but one thing to think is there is nothin wrong with healthy fear. I do not beat my kids but I do believe in a swat if they need it. One thing is I do not have to, they know and do not want to get swatted. But there also is a difference between scared to death and a respectful fear.
June 7th, 2006  
sven hassell

Raising children is like riding a bike. Nobody can really explain how its done it just comes naturally and yes you might fall off now and again but eventually you just find your own way and it happens instinctively and you wonder why you were ever concerned in the first place.
As far as teenagers go(I have 2) my method is to have instilled a work ethic into them.
In this materialistic world kids want certain things.
I make my boys do chores to earn money for everything from bus fares to visit freinds,money to go to cinema or swimming,fees to attend martial arts clubs and cadets and even clothes and training shoes.
Misbehaviour is punished with appropriate fines and it seems to work as their behaviour is exemplary.
As far as young children go I dont think the fear of a smack is a bad thing but that is how it should be.such a rare occurence that just the fear is enough to curb misbehaviour.
Love and kindness balanced with them knowing whos boss.
June 13th, 2006  
King_Kahuna

Topic: Have a plan

My girlfriend takes char of the children and Im taking char of my weapon and the boys in my team.
and when im old the children can take char of me.
Isent that a good idea