How can defence of any country detect, ban & punish the illegal users of sci & tech? - Page 2

--

September 6th, 2012  
Freyja

Quote:
Originally Posted by holocaust
@np8901, ow i really didnt knew about that
Let me guess - you flunked history !

Quote:
There is no substance in world that can block em waves, u can only bypass it
Well, according to my science textbook from college:

"Any conductive material will block any EM radiation, including radio waves. However, the thickness of material required to fully block the radiation depends on the wavelength of the radiation and the properties of the material. With a perfect conductor, the radiation is stopped completely by any thickness of the material, but in any real material (except for a superconductor) the radiation is attenuated as it travels through the material. The strength of the radiation will fall off with an exponential decay, and it will do so more quickly in a better conductor."
September 6th, 2012  
hawky94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja

Well, according to my science text from college:

"Any conductive material will block any EM radiation, including radio waves. However, the thickness of material required to fully block the radiation depends on the wavelength of the radiation and the properties of the material. With a perfect conductor, the radiation is stopped completely by any thickness of the material, but in any real material (except for a superconductor) the radiation is attenuated as it travels through the material. The strength of the radiation will fall off with an exponential decay, and it will do so more quickly in a better conductor."
Not just a babe... brainy too!
September 6th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
@captiva303, lol. Tin foils arent gonna work either.
Try 25 feet of lead on your head, that'll stop the "waves."
--
September 6th, 2012  
VDKMS

To counter that technology we have to send in first the madmen. They will surely tangle the software.

The British already have a very good one : Mr.Bean.

So the jokes of how to become an officer will be reality soon
September 7th, 2012  
holocaust

Haha, 25feet lead lol
Quote:
Let me guess - you flunked history !

Well, according to my science textbook from college:

on holocaust, i missed the history cuz m indian, nothin like it in my history book.
On the topic....
haha, any conductor can block em waves? if yes then i must install an antenna on my head, its also a good conductor lol. My girl, let me explain you, what you are talking about is called shielding (the use of conductor). Its like, if i dont want em waves from A to B, i make easier path for em waves from A to C, this way i can 'block' point B (its actually not block, its bypassed). I dont know which book your quoting from, but it must be very basic or it looks like your quoting a part of modulation techniques or attenuation(subpart of it modulation). In which u r tryin to pass an em signal through a conductor which eventually dies of low power/strength. Lastly, its hard to shield, cuz even slightest opening will still make the signal go.
Gosh! I neva tght i'd be takin a class, Lol. (although what i said is right, but if i flunked with scientific terms then plz ignore, i answered it all by myself without referring any books anycase its off the topic of the thread)
September 7th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
On the topic....
haha, any conductor can block em waves? if yes then i must install an antenna on my head, its also a good conductor lol. My girl, let me explain you, what you are talking about is called shielding (the use of conductor). Its like, if i dont want em waves from A to B, i make easier path for em waves from A to C, this way i can 'block' point B (its actually not block, its bypassed). I dont know which book your quoting from, but it must be very basic or it looks like your quoting a part of modulation techniques or attenuation(subpart of it modulation). In which u r tryin to pass an em signal through a conductor which eventually dies of low power/strength. Lastly, its hard to shield, cuz even slightest opening will still make the signal go.
Gosh! I neva tght i'd be takin a class, Lol. (although what i said is right, but if i flunked with scientific terms then plz ignore, i answered it all by myself without referring any books anycase its off the topic of the thread)
I can't wait for Freyja's reply.

September 7th, 2012  
Freyja

Radiation is many things

Lead as shielding is most relevant to radiation, ie particle radiation (alpha, beta) or electromagnetic radiation of very high frequency (gamma). For neutron radiation, lead is not quite useful, while relatively light materials such as paraffin, water and ice are.

Virtually all metals, including lead and copper effectively shields against the electro static fields because they are electrical conductors (see: Faraday cage)

Magnetic fields can not be shielded, but only derived with a superconductor or a metal alloy called Mu-metal.

Satisfied?

How can an Indian history book not contain anything about the holocaust?
September 7th, 2012  
Freyja

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawky94
Not just a babe... brainy too!
Not on Sunday morning after a night on the town.
September 7th, 2012  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Not on Sunday morning after a night on the town.
Erm, Freyja its Friday.

Just how many did you have?
September 7th, 2012  
Freyja

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Erm, Freyja its Friday.

Just how many did you have?
Who's counting