How big is your Squadron/Company/Regiment/Corps?

We are supposed to have around 80 cadets on paper (or at least thats what ive heard) but we usually get 30-40 on a regular parade night. Not too big unfortunately. I guess well have to work on our recruiting.

hey

there is about 45 cadets in my squadron, 20 senior members, and others that come in here and there from flight schools,nasa,college,other programs. but about 70 activie members that show up...not sure how many total, but thats how many show up

MMA Corps

this year we are down in enrollment, but currently, there are about 187 cadets in our corps, including the colorguard and band and the MPs, there are roughly 65 cadets in each company. right now there are only 8 officers, I only have a squad of 4 people because my company commander is a douschebag, when I should have a platoon sergeant position.

Damn 3,500 people are at my HS and we dont even have a JROTC Program!

I personally cant stand the JROTC program, it sucks up people that cant compete academically and trains them to be officers which they stand no chance at becomeing...hopefully.

This is the case in my school maybe not all.

Rabs said:
I personally cant stand the JROTC program, it sucks up people that cant compete academically and trains them to be officers which they stand no chance at becomeing...hopefully.

This is the case in my school maybe not all.

No offense, but that's not the case for all schools. At least not mine.

Right now, there are two graduates from my HS's NJROTC program attending the Naval Academy, one training to be a surface warfare officer and the other a rotary wing (helicopter) pilot for the USMC. This year, two seniors have recieved appointments to the Naval Academy. There's also a dozen or so from the past four years who are in college ROTC or military colleges right now.

In the past, we've sent several cadets to the USNA and ROTC, and some enlist straight in the Navy or USMC. Every now and then, former cadets come back and talk to us about their experience. I've seen all sorts of alumni from USMC infantrymen to USN fighter pilots.

The thing is, JROTC often springs up in bad neighborhoods or low income areas, just as another solution to crime by "keeping kids off the streets". I don't know how effective it is at that, but that's not the real primary purpose. The way those schools operate gives a bad reputation to us.

Anyways, my unit (Troy High School, Fullerton CA) has about 150 cadets, in a school of about 2,500 students. We were on probation once for dipping below 100, but that was a few years ago. We're still a relatively small unit in our area (Area 11), but we're good enough to compete with the big guns.

Palwaukee Composite has 9 on books (we are new on the block) and 3 more just dropped of their applications (back to teaching drill 101)

One compant of 107 cadets. Yeah, we're almost on probation for area 13. 5 platoons, 3 squads each, etc, etc. a good third of us are listed on the internal chain of command. A bit small, but we're the best in the area!

USAFAUX2004 said:
Palwaukee Composite has 9 on books (we are new on the block) and 3 more just dropped of their applications (back to teaching drill 101)

Palwaukee Composite has 11 on books (we are new on the block) and 4 more just dropped of their applications (back to CBT) (Our Goal: 25-30 By the end of this year)

Back in highschol we had a brigade with the breakdown as follows.

8 Companies.
4 platoons per company
4 squads per platoon
6-9 men per squad.

RexMundi said:
Back in highschol we had a brigade with the breakdown as follows.

8 Companies.
4 platoons per company
4 squads per platoon
6-9 men per squad.

Thats just over 1000 cadets!

Back