How big is your Christmas tree, (holiday tree)

dougal

Is it artificial or natural?

Mines small enough, 5foot rocky ridge artifical, but its our tree, I love it.

The women at college were complaining about a crap xmas because they had no tree for the house. (cant afford one)

Im selling trees, gave them a nice big bushy one but its a broken one, but they gave it a great home, made it thiers, now they can study under a tree. True story. (baby face)

:oops:

My happy holiday tree is a 6 footer artificial. I hate decorating it. And Christmas. Bah humbug.

Indeed 13th.

In my house it is very annoying because I am the only bloke, so I'm forced to go up the loft and get the trees and decorations.

For those who have fake tres, do you prefer white or green ones?

We just picked up the tree actually. It's a 6ft tall Douglas Fir. We haven't gotten around to decorating it yet. It's a pretty nice tree, it's kind of getting me in the whole Christmas spirit.

My CHRISTMAS tree is artificial, and seven feet tall. Honestly, why would you say holiday tree?!! :evil: Who says that? :evil:

That's what they must officially call it in America. Because the word "Christmas" is deemed "too offensive."

Anyways... whenever I had a tree, I preferred the plastic ones. Easier to maintain, can use it next year, don't have to worry about bugs...

Trevor said:
My CHRISTMAS tree is artificial, and seven feet tall. Honestly, why would you say holiday tree?!! :evil: Who says that? :evil:

One year we had to cut down a small pine tree in our yard because the roots were tearing up the sidewalk, so that was our Christmas Tree. It was really cool using our own tree, really added to the Christmas spirit. And unless you're a Roman celebrating Kalends, its a Christmas tree.

as long as they are calling the National Christmas Tree a Christmas tree here in DC i think it's safe to say that the country hasn't gone completely nuts. but as soon as someone takes offense to that i could see the situation getting out of hand. the next thing you know the ELF will be bombing the truck hauling the tree to DC.

I usually have this MONSTER of a tree (artificial) which engulfs my entire living room, blocks the light from the window, as well as the sliding door to the balcony. And this year I decided NO WAY. So, I instead have two smaller trees. The one in the living room is about 5.5 feet, but I have it up on a pedestal to make it a bit taller. It is also narrower than my usual tree, so access to the balcony isn't blocked! (yay!) And then I put one in my girls' room, a bit smaller, probably 4.5, it is on a pedestal as well to make it a bit taller.

With two, I could have the white lights and more themed sort of tree in the front room. Then the kids could have the multicolored lights and the kiddie ornaments in their room!

This has worked out great!

I thought they renamed it the National Holiday Tree.

egoz said:
as long as they are calling the National Christmas Tree a Christmas tree here in DC i think it's safe to say that the country hasn't gone completely nuts. but as soon as someone takes offense to that i could see the situation getting out of hand. the next thing you know the ELF will be bombing the truck hauling the tree to DC.

I'm pretty sure Canada would have done something like that before the states. The U.S> at least has a bit of descency left in it.

Man I miss going to the Balducci tree farm and cutting down a real christmas tree and then getting free hot chocolate afterwards. One of my best memories as a kid.

Its getting closer. After work yesterday weve only one xmas tree left, anyone want to give it a nice home?

Oddly, artificial - since I'm an arborist.

And it's 4' tall.

Next year, I think we will start live and get a noble fir.

I don't like the commercial grown douglas fir because they shear them now. That was not so when I was a kid. It prevents dangling things on the interior.

I like the layered look of noble firs.

Back