How big is your Christmas tree, (holiday tree) - Page 2

--
Boots

December 11th, 2004  
Courtenay

I usually have this MONSTER of a tree (artificial) which engulfs my entire living room, blocks the light from the window, as well as the sliding door to the balcony. And this year I decided NO WAY. So, I instead have two smaller trees. The one in the living room is about 5.5 feet, but I have it up on a pedestal to make it a bit taller. It is also narrower than my usual tree, so access to the balcony isn't blocked! (yay!) And then I put one in my girls' room, a bit smaller, probably 4.5, it is on a pedestal as well to make it a bit taller.

With two, I could have the white lights and more themed sort of tree in the front room. Then the kids could have the multicolored lights and the kiddie ornaments in their room!

This has worked out great!
December 11th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I thought they renamed it the National Holiday Tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
as long as they are calling the National Christmas Tree a Christmas tree here in DC i think it's safe to say that the country hasn't gone completely nuts. but as soon as someone takes offense to that i could see the situation getting out of hand. the next thing you know the ELF will be bombing the truck hauling the tree to DC.
December 11th, 2004  
Trevor

I'm pretty sure Canada would have done something like that before the states. The U.S> at least has a bit of descency left in it.
--
Boots
December 11th, 2004  
lewis9119

my tree is natural and about 10 feet tall.
December 11th, 2004  
dougal

2 weeks ago I had 300 nobal fir trees.

Now today I have 6!!
December 11th, 2004  
Trevor

Man I miss going to the Balducci tree farm and cutting down a real christmas tree and then getting free hot chocolate afterwards. One of my best memories as a kid.
December 11th, 2004  
egoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I thought they renamed it the National Holiday Tree.
dude are you being serious? because that would be SO messed up.
http://www.nps.gov/whho/pageant/nctr...sent/index.htm
December 13th, 2004  
dougal

Its getting closer. After work yesterday weve only one xmas tree left, anyone want to give it a nice home?
December 14th, 2004  
mdvaden

Oddly, artificial - since I'm an arborist.

And it's 4' tall.

Next year, I think we will start live and get a noble fir.

I don't like the commercial grown douglas fir because they shear them now. That was not so when I was a kid. It prevents dangling things on the interior.

I like the layered look of noble firs.