How to beat the Taliban in Afghanistan / Pakistan (and win the war on terror) - Page 3




 
--
Boots
 
November 18th, 2012  
Civy
 
The nuclear war this plan ends up with would make the problem it starts out with trying to solve, minor in comparison. The bit where it suggests grabbing the satelites of and dropping bombs including tactical nuclear weapons on a nuclear armed state seems to suggest a miscalculated analysis or mis-understanding of cause and effect. Not that I know much of anything on this stuff
November 30th, 2012  
Warwick
 
At least it gave me soemthing to laugh about for approx 5mins till I realised he is actually serious!!!
Sadly its never that easy, the politics itself in that part of the world is mind boggling and the wish list of equipment would bankrupt us.....
November 30th, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 
I am more concerned on what's being ignored on fixing the root of a constant American Military actions on the Middle East period.
--
Boots
November 30th, 2012  
VDKMS
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
I am more concerned on what's being ignored on fixing the root of a constant American Military actions on the Middle East period.
That might be an interesting new tread: What would have happened if the US did not interfere in post WWII conflicts (Korea, Vietnam, Berlin Air lift, Iraq, etc.)
December 1st, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
That might be an interesting new tread: What would have happened if the US did not interfere in post WWII conflicts (Korea, Vietnam, Berlin Air lift, Iraq, etc.)
We have gone from fighting communsim to securing financial interest.

We are not allowed to think otherwise, our news in not allowed to report that.

Sound familiar?
February 10th, 2013  
Peter Dow
 
 

Topic: For Malala, education and freedom - the AfPak Mission is to defeat the Taliban



The first part of the video is a Sky News report detailing the scheduled reconstructive surgery planned to be carried out on Malala Yousafzai at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, England.

A titanium plate is to be fitted to Malala's skull and a cochlear implant to help her recover hearing in her left ear.

The second part of the video is news footage of Malala set to the music "It's getting better" sung by Cass Elliot.

The video concludes with the following end message from me Peter Dow for my AfPakMission channel video as follows.

We love Malala.
We hate the Taliban.
We are the good people.
The Taliban are evil.

The good people of Pakistan and all the world wish Malala
to get better every day.
Our military should kill every Taliban and help the world
to get better every day.

First the victory prize by wiping out the Taliban.

Then there will be peace
and time for peace prizes.
We have a war to win first.

Malala spoke to the camera before her surgery and the following video was released after her surgery.


Support the Malala Fund | Vital Voices



Then after her surgery ...


Malala Yousafzai speaking to her consultant after surgery to reconstruct her skull and to implant a hearing device.

Broadcast on BBC News on February 4, 2013

Transcript
Quote:
Malala says

"I'm feeling alright and I am happy that the operations, both the operations are successful and you know, it was that kind of successful that now they have removed everything from me and I can also walk a little bit, I can talk and I'm feeling better and it doesn't seem that I had a very big operation, it seems that just a little bit anaesthetic injection just for five hours and then I wake up."

Consultant says

"Yes, but it was five hours, it was not a small procedure but you look remarkably good for it"

Malala says

"But it was very nice because there is no drainage system and I think everything is fine, it's better."

Consultant -
"Good"

Malala

"Yeh"

Consultant -

"and what are you looking forward to next?"

Malala
"I think that I will just get better very soon and there will be no problem, I would hear after one month, in this ear, I hope and the thing is that my mission is the same, to help people and I will do that."

Consultant -

"Yes and what do you think of your treatment so far then, can you remember that?"

Malala -

"If I try to speak about my whole treatment, it started in Pakistan and they did a very successful and a very good operation of me and God gave me a new life because of the prayers of people and because of the talent of doctors.

Here in Birmingham in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, here they did the operation of my nerves so after four or five months my left hand side of the face would work, Insha' Allah.

They took care, a lot of care of me, intensive care and I think I'm inspired from the doctors and nurses - they are like my mother and father because for ten days my mother and father were not with me but I had a lot of doctors and nurses who took care of me as if they were my parents."




Peter Dow of AfPak Mission channel says -

Quote:
Please subscribe to the AfPak Mission channel on YouTube offering videos and links to inform the West's mission to help free the people of Afghanistan, Pakistan and the rest of the world from the terrorism of the Taliban and other jihadi Islamo-fascist terrorist enemies by achieving a final, total victory over the enemy by the adoption and execution of a competent military strategy to crush the enemy utterly and thereby to win the war on terror, and not ever to contemplate peace negotiations with the enemy Taliban nor with any of their state-sponsors.

If you would like to beat the enemy Taliban then this AfPak Mission channel is the channel for you.

Please watch the videos in the featured Playlists, especially the uploaded videos and the two videos in the Secret Pakistan playlist.

Visit the channel links
to Twitter, where you can follow AfPak Mission

and to the AfPak military strategy blog posts.

A new image for the For Freedom Forums gallary avatars -

February 10th, 2013  
Peter Dow
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
....I'm no tier one foriegn policy maker...I am no seasoned combat veteren...

But here's some points to bust your balls dear sir.

A.If this had any logic or usefulness at all...Then applying it 10 years after the fact is honestly trivial.
Better late than never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
B.If this was affordable at all, then refer to point A.
In war the most expensive option is to pay the enemy's costs as well as your own, as we have been paying Pakistan's costs.

It is like a protection racket, you don't save money by paying the gangsters. It's cheaper to pay the police to arrest the gangsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
C.If this is how the entire Western world worked, then we'd have screwed up something worse already preceding 9/11 and would be still working on that.
I am not describing how the entire Western world works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
D. Any human being who fantasizes over application of equippment to solve all problems is either a weekend hobbyist lacking of a military background or a defense contractor.
Actually, my strategy employs mostly distance and secure perimeters to defend bases and supply roads. It was the Pentagon and the UK MOD who decided the way to go was ever bigger and more expensive MRAPs but driving along insecure mined roads and seeing if your vehicle can take the bang. (I can design MRAPs as well though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
You seem to sway towards only one of these categories, and I mean you ain't the BASF or General Dynamic's type.
I don't understand your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
E. Also it's easy for us to stand back and point out what hasn't worked in the past, because that's the luxury of history, the military commanders and World Leaders in 2001 and at the dawn of Enduring Freedom did not have that, they did not have an Afghan Playbook with the knowledge gained from a decade of operations there, they did the best their professional knowledge allowed at the time. So to state what hasn't worked now so arrogantly and obviously as if it were common sense is to smack the faces of those first guys in.

And I don't know about you friend, but I wouldn't smack those ladies and gents in the face.

Because your undefeatable Taliban can attest to what happens after that.
The way I see it is lions led by donkeys. The ordinary soldiers, who have my total respect and admiration, have been let down by poor generals and poor politicians not hiring better generals.

And the Taliban are not "undefeatable".
February 10th, 2013  
Peter Dow
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
If you do not tackle the madrasses in Pakistan who spits out brainwashed fighters day after day then the war in Afganistan is useless. It is no use trying to dry out a flooded room without turning off the taps.
Correct. The madrasses are led by the Taliban, students many of whom received their indoctrination at the University of Jihad, a primary target of my strategy against the Taliban.

The madrasses are isolated and very easy for the Pakistani police to close down if there was a political will, or if the politicians were not scared of being assassinated by the Taliban for closing them down.

It will help if we force a confrontation by bombing the University of Jihad and dispersing any concentration or command HQ of the Taliban. This will reveal the Taliban's masters as an obviously weaker military and political force than people imagined they were and therefore would help Pakistanis to find the courage to confront the madrassas.
February 10th, 2013  
Peter Dow
 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civy
The nuclear war this plan ends up with
The plan doesn't end with a nuclear war. A nuclear war is not at all likely since Pakistan loses more from a nuclear war than we do and we don't need to start a nuclear war.

However, a good strategy should game through all the options as so we need to lay out that we are not going to be intimidated into inaction by Pakistani nukes.

Just like we gamed the nuclear war options out in the cold war but never fired any nukes in anger. Chill.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Civy
would make the problem it starts out with trying to solve, minor in comparison.
For the Pakistanis especially, that's why they won't start a nuclear war with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civy
The bit where it suggests grabbing the satelites
Oh come on now. Grabbing the satellites is a no brainer. That should have been done on 9/12, the day after 9/11.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Civy
of and dropping bombs including tactical nuclear weapons on a nuclear armed state seems to suggest a miscalculated analysis or mis-understanding of cause and effect. Not that I know much of anything on this stuff
No you don't seem to.
February 10th, 2013  
Peter Dow
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick
At least it gave me soemthing to laugh about for approx 5mins till I realised he is actually serious!!!
Sadly its never that easy, the politics itself in that part of the world is mind boggling and the wish list of equipment would bankrupt us.....
I've never said "spend more". Spend less if you like, but spend it wisely and not on the Pakistani state when it could close down the Taliban in an afternoon if it wanted to.
 


Similar Topics
The Killing of al-Qaeda's No. 3: Does It Matter? (Time.com)
President Addresses Troops at Osan Air Base in Korea
President Bush's Speech on the War on Terror
Indians are so treacherous -- Richard Nixon
Most dangerous nation in the world