How to answer the phone

--
How to answer the phone

June 2nd, 2007  
bulldogg

Topic: How to answer the phone

How to answer the phone
GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA .

Press "1" for English.

Press "2" to disconnect until you learn to speak English

And remember only two defining forces have ever
offered to die for you-

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
June 2nd, 2007  
Team Infidel

?Que????
June 2nd, 2007  
bulldogg

Pizdec, ti znayish ya gavaru nimnoga pangliski... suka.

(****, you know I speak only a little English... *****.)

--
How to answer the phone
June 2nd, 2007  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA .

Press "1" for English.

Press "2" to disconnect until you learn to speak English

And remember only two defining forces have ever
offered to die for you-

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

You do know there is a humour section to this forum?
June 2nd, 2007  
bulldogg

Considering the content of political discussion on the subject of English as an official language in the United States and the danger of internal dismantling of the social ties that bind a nation together by immigrants to ANY nation not adapting to their chosen new home... I don't find this humorous in the least. I do in fact find it a succinct anecdotal starting point for discussion of the matter.
June 2nd, 2007  
MontyB

Quote:
Considering the content of political discussion on the subject of English as an official language in the United States and the danger of internal dismantling of the social ties that bind a nation together by immigrants to ANY nation not adapting to their chosen new home... I don't find this humorous in the least. I do in fact find it a succinct anecdotal starting point for discussion of the matter.

Horse chips... There is nothing in your post that is anything more than a joke.

1. Why would anyone answer a telephone like that unless they were expecting the person on the end to be speaking a foreign language.
2. If you genuinely thought this applied to any nation why would anyone but an American answer a telephone with "GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"
3. If you meant it to apply other countries can you possibly explain why non-English speaking nations would expect the person on the other to go away until they had learnt English?
4. Who anywhere where in the world would be rude enough to answer a telephone in that manner anyway?

As I said earlier maybe add a punch line and flesh it out a bit and I am sure it will be a welcome addition to the humour sections of the site.

I would also like to point out and I am sure you you would have discovered this without me as I know you are a big fan of rules but given the previous post maybe it was over looked.

General forum rules

3. English is the only allowed language in here.
June 2nd, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
You do know there is a humour section to this forum?
Jesus Christ was and is what can be described as an ultra-liberal, which makes Christ disliked in much of the heart of hearts of the "Right Wing" in America, which I find quite humorous when anyone on the extreme "Right Wing" in America uses the term "Jesus Christ" as some sort of Ally, as if they knew anything at all about the teachings of Christ on Earth or cared enough to follow his teachings.
June 2nd, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Anyway. Back to the actual subject, not the debating of where the thread should go...By the way Monty, since you're so fond of rules, perhaps I could refer you to number 8 on the same section.

The majority of Americans speak English...Modern America was FOUNDED by Englishmen...I say make it the official language and stop bending to these foreigners' whining. Beggars can't be choosers.
June 2nd, 2007  
bulldogg

Reading comprehension must be a foreign concept to ya Monty... see the lines about "press 1"... shall I venture to guess you have never encountered an automated answering tree when calling a business? If you find nothing beyond humor in the discussion of English as a language one must learn in order to be welcomed into a country where English is the language most people converse in then you're in need of more help than I care to extend you.

Personally, I find merit in protests by veterans who say it is disrespectful to their service and sacrifice when someone emmigrates to their country and refuses to adapt but instead advocates to make the country the immigrants chose to come to just like their country of origin. Imposing not only concessions in language but culture, religion and law so that their new country is in fact being colonised from within and degraded.

The claims you don't see this are either disingenuous or you have suffered a cerberal vascular incident since I have last read some of your previous posts... or is yanking my chain your new sport of choice?
June 2nd, 2007  
MontyB

Quote:
Reading comprehension must be a foreign concept to ya Monty... see the lines about "press 1"... shall I venture to guess you have never encountered an automated answering tree when calling a business? If you find nothing beyond humor in the discussion of English as a language one must learn in order to be welcomed into a country where English is the language most people converse in then you're in need of more help than I care to extend you.

Personally, I find merit in protests by veterans who say it is disrespectful to their service and sacrifice when someone emmigrates to their country and refuses to adapt but instead advocates to make the country the immigrants chose to come to just like their country of origin. Imposing not only concessions in language but culture, religion and law so that their new country is in fact being colonised from within and degraded.

The claims you don't see this are either disingenuous or you have suffered a cerberal vascular incident since I have last read some of your previous posts... or is yanking my chain your new sport of choice?
I am not sure you are one to be lecturing on reading comprehension somehow.

As for the rest of your diatribe well I suspect if you hoist it up a flagpole someone around here will salute it but its still nothing more than a joke sure you have tried to hide behind the usual "flag waving" and "patriotic rhetoric" but as usual you have said nothing.

Now since you are so often the one insisting people answer your questions I would now ask you to do the same to mine, a request that I don't believe out of line given the context of your post prior to that one.

Quote:
For the record I am a huge believer that people should assimilate as much as possible into the country the adopt and that includes language but this in no way validates your initial post as anything more than comedic relief which fortunately no American company or individual that I am aware of would be crass enough or stupid enough to implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
By the way Monty, since you're so fond of rules, perhaps I could refer you to number 8 on the same section.
8. Do not try to be a moderator (if you're not one of course...).
Sarcastic replies are not allowed! Please use the "report post" button, or PM one of the forum staff instead if you think that some of the posts should be removed or edited.

I don't recall ever claiming to be a moderator and if the sarcastic replies bit was enforced Bulldogg and 99% of the posters in this forum would have been warned by now but if I have missed something that puts me beyond others then by all means let me know as I am happy to edit out "offending" text.