How to answer the phone

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA .

Press "1" for English.

Press "2" to disconnect until you learn to speak English

And remember only two defining forces have ever
offered to die for you-

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

Pizdec, ti znayish ya gavaru nimnoga pangliski... suka.

(****, you know I speak only a little English... *****.)

:lol:

Last edited:

Press "1" for English.

offered to die for you-

You do know there is a humour section to this forum?

Considering the content of political discussion on the subject of English as an official language in the United States and the danger of internal dismantling of the social ties that bind a nation together by immigrants to ANY nation not adapting to their chosen new home... I don't find this humorous in the least. I do in fact find it a succinct anecdotal starting point for discussion of the matter.

Considering the content of political discussion on the subject of English as an official language in the United States and the danger of internal dismantling of the social ties that bind a nation together by immigrants to ANY nation not adapting to their chosen new home... I don't find this humorous in the least. I do in fact find it a succinct anecdotal starting point for discussion of the matter.

Horse chips... There is nothing in your post that is anything more than a joke.

1. Why would anyone answer a telephone like that unless they were expecting the person on the end to be speaking a foreign language.
2. If you genuinely thought this applied to any nation why would anyone but an American answer a telephone with "GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"
3. If you meant it to apply other countries can you possibly explain why non-English speaking nations would expect the person on the other to go away until they had learnt English?
4. Who anywhere where in the world would be rude enough to answer a telephone in that manner anyway?

As I said earlier maybe add a punch line and flesh it out a bit and I am sure it will be a welcome addition to the humour sections of the site.

I would also like to point out and I am sure you you would have discovered this without me as I know you are a big fan of rules but given the previous post maybe it was over looked.

General forum rules

3. English is the only allowed language in here.

Last edited:
You do know there is a humour section to this forum?

Jesus Christ was and is what can be described as an ultra-liberal, which makes Christ disliked in much of the heart of hearts of the "Right Wing" in America, which I find quite humorous when anyone on the extreme "Right Wing" in America uses the term "Jesus Christ" as some sort of Ally, as if they knew anything at all about the teachings of Christ on Earth or cared enough to follow his teachings.

Anyway. Back to the actual subject, not the debating of where the thread should go...By the way Monty, since you're so fond of rules, perhaps I could refer you to number 8 on the same section.

The majority of Americans speak English...Modern America was FOUNDED by Englishmen...I say make it the official language and stop bending to these foreigners' whining. Beggars can't be choosers.

Reading comprehension must be a foreign concept to ya Monty... see the lines about "press 1"... shall I venture to guess you have never encountered an automated answering tree when calling a business? If you find nothing beyond humor in the discussion of English as a language one must learn in order to be welcomed into a country where English is the language most people converse in then you're in need of more help than I care to extend you.

Personally, I find merit in protests by veterans who say it is disrespectful to their service and sacrifice when someone emmigrates to their country and refuses to adapt but instead advocates to make the country the immigrants chose to come to just like their country of origin. Imposing not only concessions in language but culture, religion and law so that their new country is in fact being colonised from within and degraded.

The claims you don't see this are either disingenuous or you have suffered a cerberal vascular incident since I have last read some of your previous posts... or is yanking my chain your new sport of choice?

Reading comprehension must be a foreign concept to ya Monty... see the lines about "press 1"... shall I venture to guess you have never encountered an automated answering tree when calling a business? If you find nothing beyond humor in the discussion of English as a language one must learn in order to be welcomed into a country where English is the language most people converse in then you're in need of more help than I care to extend you.

Personally, I find merit in protests by veterans who say it is disrespectful to their service and sacrifice when someone emmigrates to their country and refuses to adapt but instead advocates to make the country the immigrants chose to come to just like their country of origin. Imposing not only concessions in language but culture, religion and law so that their new country is in fact being colonised from within and degraded.

The claims you don't see this are either disingenuous or you have suffered a cerberal vascular incident since I have last read some of your previous posts... or is yanking my chain your new sport of choice?

I am not sure you are one to be lecturing on reading comprehension somehow.

As for the rest of your diatribe well I suspect if you hoist it up a flagpole someone around here will salute it but its still nothing more than a joke sure you have tried to hide behind the usual "flag waving" and "patriotic rhetoric" but as usual you have said nothing.

Now since you are so often the one insisting people answer your questions I would now ask you to do the same to mine, a request that I don't believe out of line given the context of your post prior to that one.

For the record I am a huge believer that people should assimilate as much as possible into the country the adopt and that includes language but this in no way validates your initial post as anything more than comedic relief which fortunately no American company or individual that I am aware of would be crass enough or stupid enough to implement.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
By the way Monty, since you're so fond of rules, perhaps I could refer you to number 8 on the same section.

8. Do not try to be a moderator (if you're not one of course...).
Sarcastic replies are not allowed! Please use the "report post" button, or PM one of the forum staff instead if you think that some of the posts should be removed or edited.

I don't recall ever claiming to be a moderator and if the sarcastic replies bit was enforced Bulldogg and 99% of the posters in this forum would have been warned by now but if I have missed something that puts me beyond others then by all means let me know as I am happy to edit out "offending" text.

Press "1" for English.

offered to die for you-

It's so true :bored:

duke.jpg

This situation, lampooned in the above photo, exists in the United States. The fact it exists is the reason this thread is NOT a ****ing joke.

duke.jpg

This situation, lampooned in the above photo, exists in the United States. The fact it exists is the reason this thread is NOT a ****ing joke.

Kind of difficult to take an actor seriously especially when he makes statements like this:
I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.

Which begs the question, "When did the inhabitants of the USA ever speak English"
rotfl1.gif

"Forgive me, this once, but I just couldn't resist it"

Kind of difficult to take an actor seriously especially when he makes statements like this:

Marion Robert Morrison (aka John Wayne) also never served a day.... not one day, not one minute, not one second in the United States Military..... yet he is time and time again played up to be some sort of "hero" by the "Right Wing" in America.

Marion Robert Morrison was a Draft Doger during the Second World War..... and Proud Republican.

This Thread keeps getting funnier.

Marion Robert Morrison (aka John Wayne) also never served a day.... not one day, not one minute, not one second in the United States Military..... yet he is time and time again played up to be some sort of "hero" by the "Right Wing" in America.

Marion Robert Morrison was a Draft Doger during the Second World War..... and Proud Republican.

You couldn't be any further from the truth, Gator.
Being born in 1907, John Wayne, aka Marion Robert Morrison, was a father, age 34 at the time of Pearl Harbor, and was not draft material. He never was a draft dodger.

As to being republican, here are Wayne's own words:
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Wayne liked to think of himself as a Jeffersonian liberal, according to biographers Donald Shepherd, Robert Slatzer and David Grayson, "subscribing to the principle that government is best which governs least." He told Dean Jennings of the Saturday Evening Post: "I think government is the natural enemy of the individual, but it’s a necessary evil, like, say, motion-picture agents." [/FONT]
[/FONT]
source: http://www.lewrockwell.com/french/french55.html

Last edited:
Maybe we should just have everything in English only. Take down all the Spanish signs, phone recordings, hell, even the subtitles on TV.

Then maybe the immigrants would feel at least some pressure to learn the true language of the United States.

You couldn't be any further from the truth, Gator.
Being born in 1907, John Wayne, aka Marion Robert Morrison, was a father, age 34 at the time of Pearl Harbor, and was not draft material. He never was a draft dodger.

As to being republican, here are Wayne's own words:

source: http://www.lewrockwell.com/french/french55.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne
Military service controversy
The outbreak of World War II saw a deluge of support for America's war effort from all sectors of society, and Hollywood was no different. Established stars such as Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. (USN, Silver Star), Henry Fonda (USN, Bronze Star), and Clark Gable (USAAC) as well as emerging actors such as Eddie Albert (USN, Bronze Star) and Tyrone Power (USMC) rushed to sign up for military service. As the majority of male leads left Hollywood to serve overseas, John Wayne saw an opportunity to vault into stardom. Despite enormous pressure from his inner circle of friends, he resisted. Wayne's fans have proffered a number of erroneous excuses over the years to explain away his lack of military service, but the facts are clear. The physical problems such as the football injury or damaged hearing were non-existent; Wayne himself never mentioned them. Others claim that Wayne was exempted from service due to his age (34) and family status. It is true that at the outbreak of World War II, Wayne was
classified as 3-A (family deferment), but many of his contemporaries who signed up (such as Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable, and Ronald Reagan) were around his age, and married with families of their own. Gene Autry, who was also Wayne's age, gave an interview in 1942 that chastised Wayne for his refusal to enlist and provide an example for younger actors in Hollywood: "I think the He-men in the movies belong in the Army, Marine, Navy or Air Corps. All of these He-men in the movies realize that right now is the time to get into the service. Every movie cowboy ought to devote time to the Army winning, or to helping win, until the war is over - the same as any other American citizen. The Army needs all the young men it can get, and if I can set a good example for the young men I'll be mighty proud." As the war dragged on and Wayne's affair with Esperanza Baur alienated him from his family, Wayne's family deferment status appeared to be the first of many attempts to stave off the overwhelming pressure to enlist. During the early years of the war, his excuses varied: he once claimed that Herbert J. Yates (the head of Republic) threatened him with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract, despite the fact that no such thing ever happened to any actor, director, or cameraman throughout the entire war. In 1944, Wayne was reclassified as 1-A (draft eligible), but his lawyers convinced the draft board to change his status to 2-A (deferred for reasons national interest). He remained 2-A until the war's end.
The foregoing facts clearly influenced the direction of Wayne's later life. By all accounts, Wayne's failure to serve in the military during World War II was the most painful experience of his life.[19] Clearly, there were some other stars who, for various reasons, did not enlist. But Wayne, by virtue of becoming a celluloid war hero in scores of patriotic war films, became the focus of particular disdain from both himself and certain portions of the public, particularly in later years. The rampant patriotism with which he was so identified in the decades to come sprang, it appears, not from hypocrisy but from guilt. Wayne's third wife, Pilar, wrote, "He would become a 'superpatriot' for the rest of his life trying to atone for staying home."[20]

Wayne was politically a right-wing conservative Republican. He took part in creating the Motion Picture Alliance for the Preservation of American Ideals in 1943 , and was elected president of that organization in 1947 . He was an ardent anti-communist, and vocal supporter of the House Un-American Activities Committee. In 1951 , he made Big Jim McLain to show his support for the anti-communist cause. He was also instrumental in having Carl Foreman blacklisted from Hollywood after the release of the anti-McCarthyism western High Noon, and later teamed up with Howard Hawks to make Rio Bravo as a right-wing response. Wayne used his iconic status to support conservative causes, including rallying support for the Vietnam War by producing, co-directing, and starring in the critically panned The Green Berets (1968). In 1978 however, he enraged conservatives by supporting liberal causes such as the Panama Canal Treaty [10] and the innocence of Patty Hearst[11].
Due to his enormous popularity, and his status as the most famous Republican star in Hollywood, wealthy Texas Republican Party backers asked Wayne to run for national office in 1968, as had his friend and fellow actor, Senator George Murphy. He declined, joking that he did not believe the public would seriously consider an actor in the White House. However, he did support his friend Ronald Reagan's runs for Governor of California in 1966 and 1970. He was also asked to be the running mate for Alabama Governor George Wallace in 1968. Wayne vehemently rejected the offer[12]. However, he greatly admired Wallace, and sent him three checks for $10,000 with a note reading, "Sock it to 'em, George!".[citation needed] Wayne actively campaigned for Richard Nixon[13], and addressed the Republican National Convention on its opening day in August 1968.
Wayne's strong anti-communist politics led to a particularly unnerving situation. Information from Soviet archives, reported in 2003, indicates that Joseph Stalin ordered Wayne's assassination, but died before the killing could be accomplished. His successor, Krushchev, reportedly told Wayne during a 1958 visit to the United States that he had personally rescinded the order.[14][15]
In an interview with Playboy magazine in May 1971, Wayne made infamous remarks. One disclaimed guilt for the historical treatment of Native Americans, the second claimed that African-Americans had been denied educational opportunities and thus were not educated enough to run the government and that therefore white supremacy was justified "until they are.[16]"

Last edited:
Back