How to answer the phone

I have one question to ask:

If an immigrant leaves their own country to come to another and expects that new country to adopt their culture then why did they leave their culture in the first place to come to another culture?

It's also funny how some people must instantly label everything creating a separatism between us all, how are we ever going to stand united in the world as we are if we must always hide behind our addiction to emotion and think of us all as separate entities.

Last edited:
Endorsing Donkey's question. Absolutely - if people long to live under sharia law, for example, it is very easy to find and plenty of room for them in a wide choice of countries. Don't compromise my culture. sharia - Thanks but no thanks. Do we get a choice in our own land? At least let me grumble. grumble. grumble. signs in foreign languages - grumble.grumble. Under the carpet with everything English - not ethnic enough - grumble f****** grumble.

Last edited:
The majority of Americans speak English...Modern America was FOUNDED by Englishmen...I say make it the official language and stop bending to these foreigners' whining. Beggars can't be choosers.

Just for arguments sake; I beg to differ. It were the Dutch who founded New Amsterdam, which became New York. So I reckon you all should learn your native tongue of Dutch... Hup, op de knieen voor jullie koningrijk Nederland!

If you care for a translation, just ask me :wink:

Your fellowdutchman Ted

Thanks for that Ted, and to think I was just about to ask you if narcotics were still freely available in Amsterdam... thanks for clearing it up before I even asked.
:)

New Amsterdam founding. Yes. I am also partly Dutch, but do not speak the language of my Grandmother and although i know of this early situation, i would be pleased if you guys could the confirm the Factual history. Was it indeed the Dutch Sephardis who were the driving force, with great economic success?

DOWN Bulldogg - nothing whatsoever to do with your last post!

Last edited:
Americans can not say tomahto properly despite 400 years to practice, and the New Zealanders have sex after five. That does not leave too many posters on this thread left with credibility on speaking true blue fair dinkum real okka English.

You couldn't be any further from the truth, Gator.
Being born in 1907, John Wayne, aka Marion Robert Morrison, was a father, age 34 at the time of Pearl Harbor, and was not draft material. He never was a draft dodger.

As to being republican, here are Wayne's own words:

source: http://www.lewrockwell.com/french/french55.html

Tomtom

He certainly didn't make any attempt to volunteer at a time most people his age or older including Stewert, Gable, Reagan Powers and my Grandfather did. The most damning thing was in 1944 he had is lawyers change his status from 1-A to 2-A (Family deferrment). So I think the overall point Gator makes is valid. The fact he avoided service is one thing, but the fact he did so many war pictures afterwords is just the height of hypocracy.

Last edited:
Yeah, and on top of that he walked funny! Sorry guys, didn't mean to ridicule American Royalty. Jus jokin.

Tomtom

He certainly didn't make any attempt to volunteer at a time most people his age or older including Stewert, Gable, Reagan Powers and my Grandfather did. The most damning thing was in 1944 he had is lawyers change his status from 1-A to 2-A (Family deferrment). So I think the overall point Gator makes is valid. The fact he avoided service is one thing, but the fact he did so many war pictures afterwords is just the height of hypocracy.

Word I got was Marion Robert Morrison (aka John Wayne) was, during the Second World War, 1-A (draft eligible), 2-A (deferred for reasons national interest), and 3-A (family deferment), although not in that order.

That he had his Lawyers argue for a change from 1-A to 2-A makes Marion Robert Morrison (aka John Wayne) a Draft Dodger.... and in my book a Coward.
He (Marion Robert Morrison) is many times looked at by Republicans and their ilk as some sort of a "hero".... but many Republicans and their ilk are funny like that.

Marion Robert Morrison (aka John Wayne) seemed to think he was better than your Grandfather (and mine) along with every other Service Member in Uniform during the Second World War..... which in my own opinion was merely the Republican in him coming out.

Americans can not say tomahto properly despite 400 years to practice, and the New Zealanders have sex after five. That does not leave too many posters on this thread left with credibility on speaking true blue fair dinkum real okka English.

Interestingly enough we think the same of the Australian accent and my experience is that Americans think we both have sex after five.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough we think the same of the Australian accent and my experience is that Americans think we both have sex after five.

(you dont?)

Is that after 5 years in the Priesthood or after 5 years on Earth?

But we don't have an accent. It's only some of you weird talkin' Kiwis.

Funnily enough I had some Kiwi rellies stay with us last year and they spoke regular Australian just like us. Is the "Kiwi" accent a regional thing?

But we don't have an accent. It's only some of you weird talkin' Kiwis.

Funnily enough I had some Kiwi rellies stay with us last year and they spoke regular Australian just like us. Is the "Kiwi" accent a regional thing?

Oddly enough we do have regional dialects which I think is strange for such a small population I am guessing it due to the demographics of our colonisation (The north being a reasonable mix and the south being strongly Scottish).

Overall I am told our accent is most similar to a Queensland one in Australian terms.

Gator said:
Is that after 5 years in the Priesthood or after 5 years on Earth?

After 5 minutes of down time. :)

Dear MontyB and Senojekips, eventhough it is nice to read that there is such a thing as regional dialects in your corner of the world, I have a question for you. What is it exactly that you people do? And what's the matter with the sex and 5 minutes? I heard through the grapevine that that is how long you last..... is that true? ;)

Kiwi's have only one vowel sound for all the vowels... sorta like the many moods of Matt Damon. LOL

Dear MontyB and Senojekips, eventhough it is nice to read that there is such a thing as regional dialects in your corner of the world, I have a question for you. What is it exactly that you people do? And what's the matter with the sex and 5 minutes? I heard through the grapevine that that is how long you last..... is that true? ;)

Well Ted, I can last that long if there's nothing important to do.

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA .

Press "1" for English.

Press "2" to disconnect until you learn to speak English

And remember only two defining forces have ever
offered to die for you-

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

Great post.

I was sifting through right wing and pro-American wear and I saw a baby T-shirt that says, "Go Diego, GO!" it shows a picture of Diego (Mexican cartoon character, cousin to Dora the Explorer) running for the American border. I was laughing my ass off.

Back