How aggressive are you?

How aggressive are you?

• Total voters
It sound like they're the college guys. BTW, why you stayed at the hotel and the door open?

we wern't in our hotel room, we were out on the lawn playing crochet. We stayed at the Biltmore, man do I wish I had enough money to stay there EVERY dad!!

This is a tough one to answer with the selections given, I try to avoid fighting and solve it with words but if necessary I will unleash the gorilla and toss fools around like it's my job....

Seems I always end up breaking up a fight are saving someones ass.... ;)

I'd have told you to cold-**** them with the croquet mallet if they made a move. Pool sticks, hot irons, and rice pot lids work well for self-defense, too.

I'd have told you to cold-**** them with the croquet mallet if they made a move. Pool sticks, hot irons, and rice pot lids work well for self-defense, too.

I'll remember that next time, that or I'll start carrying a knife...nahh I think I'll stick with the handy items nearby :p

Oh and the guys didn't look like slimeballs, they were actually good looking...I didn't think guys high up and as handsome as they were are like that!!

Last edited:
I have no issues slamming an army bud to the ground or making him tap. It happens to me as well, you can't win em all. We will be going into combat soon and that is our way of weeding out the timid ones and bringing them up to speed. At this point if anyone comes within 3 feet of me I take up a defensive posture. We have had a few broken bones and sprains but no fist fights so I say we are doing well.

Hooah for tricare.

I'll remember that next time, that or I'll start carrying a knife...nahh I think I'll stick with the handy items nearby :p

Oh and the guys didn't look like slimeballs, they were actually good looking...I didn't think guys high up and as handsome as they were are like that!!

Look, when I jog, or go someplace, I always carry my Browning Black Knight knife. One of the best knives I've used for everything from opening my mail to cutting open pallets or tie straps. It stays on my right hip pocket- if I'm carrying a weapon, it's a clear indication I want to be left alone. Don't travel alone, have the cell phone handy, and don't be afraid to defend yourself.

Scum comes in all shapes and sizes- from the boorish, big drunks that will cause problems, to the shrewd, skinny, and immoral guys that you just want to whale on when they get out of line. Don't let a nice wrapping paper fool you.

Look, when I jog, or go someplace, I always carry my Browning Black Knight knife. One of the best knives I've used for everything from opening my mail to cutting open pallets or tie straps. It stays on my right hip pocket- if I'm carrying a weapon, it's a clear indication I want to be left alone. Don't travel alone, have the cell phone handy, and don't be afraid to defend yourself.

Scum comes in all shapes and sizes- from the boorish, big drunks that will cause problems, to the shrewd, skinny, and immoral guys that you just want to whale on when they get out of line. Don't let a nice wrapping paper fool you.

ok I'll take that to mind...but it all seems a little too much precaution

Idk how my dad would take to me carrying a knife, anyways I wouldn't really know how to use it, not to sound stupid or anything...

Just like cutting the foods like veggies or fruits.

Why not the pepper spray or taser?

No offense meant or anything, but really, if I were a 46 year old 6"2 300lb guy a little 17 year old would be a piece of cake the beat the **** out of. Knife or not.

(I picked 45 'cause that seemed like a good age to know about fights, still be spry and having had experience of beating the crap out of people. : ) )

____

My dad had talked about wanting me to get a CCW so I could carry a pistol. I refused. I have no problem with weapons, guns or knives, but I am also aware that even though I'm a good shot, I do NOT have the knowledge to handle either one in a close contact situation.

I'm the person you'd hear about on the news that would be shot with her own gun or stabbed with her own knife.

People don't think about getting training that in my opinion they should have before truly thinking about carrying a weapon like a gun or knife for protection.

(I would love to have a tazor though. Not for protection purposes, just if people piss me off).

Last edited:
I can be aggressive when need to be... And sometimes without obvious provocation (aka 'Just because.')

If someone held a person i cared for and threatened them, i'd kill them. When it's a threat to myself, i don't give a crap. There's noone "hard" enough to actually hurt me without weapons (at least, not the sort that give me bother).

(case in point: i got "battered" on saturday; i took around 15 punches to the head and 5 knee's. I stood up and walked away perfectly fine.)

I'm not aggressive at all. Just a bit grumpy sometimes. I always played ball games hard, but I've never been pushed hard enough to let myself off the leash, even in the army or navy. I have had very violent and formidable close associates at times, but they have always respected my stand. Done a little of this:box:, but always Marquis of Queensberry rules!
Big fan. Watched Joe Calzaghe beat Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas last week.

It rerstored my faith in American sportsmanship. It is said that you cannot go Las Vegas, with American judges, and take a points decision. Well, even when Hopkins was one of the promoters the judges gave Joe a fair crack of the whip, and stopped that lie once and for all. Also i was delighted that the Brits there respected the singing of the American anthem. One of my few very strong hates is disrespecting the anthems and flags of others. When any of our supporters do it I just want to roll up.

Well TOG, I wondered about that, because Joe never once stopped going forward and even when he went down, he bounced straight up. The American way, altho' they don't often go down;but then, neither does he!

I'm only aggressive when it comes to protecting my family from danger.....other than that am pretty passive :)

I'm the person you'd hear about on the news that would be shot with her own gun or stabbed with her own knife.

An attitude like that would be half the reason. :-(

I think one of the main reasons I avoid fights even if I can't save face is because I might kill someone if I'm not careful. I've always been the biggest person I know (fat guys not included), except for one guy who was taller and skinnier and one who was shorter but built like a pro football player. I got in a _lot_ of trouble for bloodying some kid's face horribly with one shot in 3rd grade, he just would NOT let up with the insults and I had already had a rough day. If I got in a fight today and it went to the ground I might very well crush the guy, I'm 315lbs. and not very good at critical thought while enraged. If I knee drop your torso, you'll probably die.

Also, pain is a good enough reason to avoid unnecessary fights if you ask me. I could never fight for fun, and I feel no need to prove my masculinity. I've been told I have a high tolerance for pain because of an accident where my leg got split open and I felt nothing but an odd warm sensation and mild discomfort, but I still consider it a good reason not to fight.

Fortunately, my size has also made me pretty much immune to bullying thus far, even in elementary when those around me were prey to the walking pieces of s*** from the projects. Those cowards would never initiate anything unless they had a numerical advantage, and even then they'd go for the small kids.

I have no illusions, though; a skilled fighter in good shape could lay me out. When you have little to no experience, size and strength are irrelevant.

Last edited:
Back