How aggressive are you?

How aggressive are you?

• Total voters
If someone threatens or maligns me without insulting my honor or integrity, I will take notice of it, but if I don't CONSIDER them to be a serious threat, won't take action. If, whether or not honor or integrity or morals is the situation, someone threatens a friend or a family member, then I will be the first one to lay hands on that man.

I sympathize completely with the Chief- he's peaceful, looking to be left alone, disapproves of these young punks these days that are more full of testosterone and hot air than brains. I can see that he will not tolerate the body or honor of a family member to be violated.

I wrestle and that helps get out some aggression I might have. I dont usually get in fights, people know I can and I dont need to prove myself or anything. However, when people just wont take no for an answer, I will fight to the death, same kind of way I wrestle.

There is one thing I have been considering recently. Society today completely ostricizes violence in every way, shape and form. For example, video games, boxing, wrestling and other things like it are under constant attacks from the media and politicians. But, human beings are violent by nature. In ever single person out there, there is some sort of violence, most people just release it through a controlled means, such as wrestling or martial arts. With those controlled means under attack, I am not suprised that such violence comes out in uncontrolled ways, such as murder, rape or something like it. Im not saying that this happens in every case, just in an increasing number of cases.

A bit off topic, but its part of what is happening to young people today. They are taught that meakness is desirable, and that being assertive will make them "strike out." This may not be correct, but its the message society feeds them each and every day.

And it's wrong- people need to know how to stand up for what they believe in, and defend themselves and others. The two pieces of advice I give regularly to lifters I work with is: Never let someone stick their nose where is doesn't belong, and, if worse comes to worst, grab his right trapezius with your left hand, and hit that sumb*tch as hard as you can- don't stop, either.

A bit off topic, but its part of what is happening to young people today. They are taught that meakness is desirable, and that being assertive will make them "strike out." This may not be correct, but its the message society feeds them each and every day.

Good post, +1. It IS correct. Sadly enough.

I'm with you all the way, WNxRogue- if someone consistently plays the part of the meek and mild, won't hurt a fly type, when push comes to shove they'll back down every time. I was like that once- and now I preach to every lifter that works with me not to do it.

I'll tear your heart out and send it to your mama!!!!!!!

:box:

In reality I believe it's what an individual (well most) is faced with and their environment and training that will dictate how you respond.​

When I was 20 and a young grunt I'd fight you just to prove I could, and the screwed up thing is I did do that. Once with my best friend in the middle of a squad bay. He still tells his wife and kids he kicked my azz ,but he's a habitual liar:m1: :thumb:

Hey did anyone hear about the lady that was found dead in a mall??

Twas a horrible sight. Her chin and jaw was literally ripped of somehow, meaning that her lower teeth section was disproportionate to the upper section. Probably smashed but I couldn't tell. Oh the misery, too many lunatics.

I just felt really sad.. Why Why! :(

You were spot on. Walk away wherever possible. If war is unavoidable, be fast and be first. Ist rule, NEVER go looking for a fight. As you say, what have you got to prove? My vote would go right between the last two. The old song is my motto.

you gotta know when to hold 'em
you gotta know when to throw 'em
you gotta know when to walk away
you gotta know when to run.

I'm 72, navy, army, middle-east, WW11. It worked for me ( and my kids)!. I'm just off to tell my grand-kids again! I'll sing it.

well i didnt think i was very aggressive...but after friday night im feeling very much aggressive...had a scare friday night...got a call from someone who knew my name and everything....hung up on the guy bc i didnt know him...then he leaves me a threatening msg on my voicemail..so needless to say ive got to go handle that tomorrow...wish me luck...

well i didnt think i was very aggressive...but after friday night im feeling very much aggressive...had a scare friday night...got a call from someone who knew my name and everything....hung up on the guy bc i didnt know him...then he leaves me a threatening msg on my voicemail..so needless to say ive got to go handle that tomorrow...wish me luck...

it might be a prank, anyway, either you gear up and prepare for glory, or its a call for 911. Nevertheless, good luck

well i did call the local police department...they made a report...i had to go to the town hall today to get a copy of it...then i went to cingular....they of course were no help...then went to the detectives office and she was able to get them to fax us something where i could sign a release of records paper and so we should have the number in about 2 days....yeah i know it could have been a prank..but this guy didnt sound like he was joking...and its one thing to call and joke around but to say what he did and to threaten my life? i dont find that a funny matter at all...but my biggest fear in all this is even if they do prosecute this guy all he will have to do is pay a fine and he'll be set free...and then all ive done is further tick him off....so i dont know...

Right- always have a friend close to you when this kind of thing happens. Generally this friend should be close to your heart, just a little down and left.

Actually, I don't trust my neighbor with the SKS- next time I see him whipping donuts in my front yard, I'm opening fire.

another thing that fires me up...when guys hit on me!!

I was playing crochet at this ritzy hotel (the last place you would expect low lifes) with two other girls, my friends, and then four guys walked by, one carrying this HUGE case of beer, and he says "you girls old enough to drink" and I thought he was kidding, you know the way older men would kid their daughters, so I said "no not yet" without looking up, and then when I looked up (of course I had my huge silly, little girl grin) they were all STANDING there, looking at me as if I was their dinner.

So I kinda just stood there shocked and staring right back at the 25 year old guys...and then they walked away laughing and looking back over their shoulder.

:cen: them and their rich little asses

Back