How aggressive are you? - Page 12

View Poll Results :How aggressive are you?
Wrong me and I will (attempt to?) fong you 12 12.50%
I pick fights I can win! 6 6.25%
Sometimes I am, sometimes I am not 34 35.42%
If cornered, l'll fight to the death 34 35.42%
I am a peaceful Saint 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 24th, 2007  
Wolf

I can be aggressive when need to be... And sometimes without obvious provocation (aka 'Just because.')
April 20th, 2008  
FULLMETALJACKET

sometimes im very aggresive, and other times im more laid back.
April 30th, 2008  
Insomniac

If someone held a person i cared for and threatened them, i'd kill them. When it's a threat to myself, i don't give a crap. There's noone "hard" enough to actually hurt me without weapons (at least, not the sort that give me bother).

(case in point: i got "battered" on saturday; i took around 15 punches to the head and 5 knee's. I stood up and walked away perfectly fine.)
--
Boots
May 1st, 2008  
Del Boy

I'm not aggressive at all. Just a bit grumpy sometimes. I always played ball games hard, but I've never been pushed hard enough to let myself off the leash, even in the army or navy. I have had very violent and formidable close associates at times, but they have always respected my stand. Done a little of this, but always Marquis of Queensberry rules!
Big fan. Watched Joe Calzaghe beat Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas last week.
May 1st, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy
Watched Joe Calzaghe beat Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas last week.
Bet that was fun. Loved how Cazaghe got up on the ropes and the crowd cheered. And when Hopkins got up on the ropes there was dead silence.
May 1st, 2008  
Del Boy

It rerstored my faith in American sportsmanship. It is said that you cannot go Las Vegas, with American judges, and take a points decision. Well, even when Hopkins was one of the promoters the judges gave Joe a fair crack of the whip, and stopped that lie once and for all. Also i was delighted that the Brits there respected the singing of the American anthem. One of my few very strong hates is disrespecting the anthems and flags of others. When any of our supporters do it I just want to roll up.
May 1st, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy
Well, even when Hopkins was one of the promoters the judges gave Joe a fair crack of the whip, and stopped that lie once and for all.
But what fight did that one judge watch? 114-113 Hopkins? jeez...
May 2nd, 2008  
Del Boy

Well TOG, I wondered about that, because Joe never once stopped going forward and even when he went down, he bounced straight up. The American way, altho' they don't often go down;but then, neither does he!
May 21st, 2009  
sky2979

I'm only aggressive when it comes to protecting my family from danger.....other than that am pretty passive
May 22nd, 2009  
major liability

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
I'm the person you'd hear about on the news that would be shot with her own gun or stabbed with her own knife.
An attitude like that would be half the reason.

I think one of the main reasons I avoid fights even if I can't save face is because I might kill someone if I'm not careful. I've always been the biggest person I know (fat guys not included), except for one guy who was taller and skinnier and one who was shorter but built like a pro football player. I got in a _lot_ of trouble for bloodying some kid's face horribly with one shot in 3rd grade, he just would NOT let up with the insults and I had already had a rough day. If I got in a fight today and it went to the ground I might very well crush the guy, I'm 315lbs. and not very good at critical thought while enraged. If I knee drop your torso, you'll probably die.

Also, pain is a good enough reason to avoid unnecessary fights if you ask me. I could never fight for fun, and I feel no need to prove my masculinity. I've been told I have a high tolerance for pain because of an accident where my leg got split open and I felt nothing but an odd warm sensation and mild discomfort, but I still consider it a good reason not to fight.

Fortunately, my size has also made me pretty much immune to bullying thus far, even in elementary when those around me were prey to the walking pieces of s*** from the projects. Those cowards would never initiate anything unless they had a numerical advantage, and even then they'd go for the small kids.

I have no illusions, though; a skilled fighter in good shape could lay me out. When you have little to no experience, size and strength are irrelevant.