How accurate is the movie Black Hawk Down? - Page 2

--

August 30th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

I think you guys missed the point, you see, the movie was designed to show you a small part of the hell those men went through, so that maybe just maybe you can come out of it with a little more respect then when you came in, it was designed to show the sacrifices those soldiers made, so WHO ING CARES IF THEY ADDED 2 GUYS OR SUBTRACTED 2 GUYS, OR JUICED IT UP, THE MESSAGE IS STILL THE SAME.
August 30th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Good point Bourne, In fact, Isn't that what all war movies are trying to show us? Is historical accuracy important, of course, but to the point where we should knock the sacrifices of others just because they didn;t do this or they wern't there when that happned, no! BHD served as a reminder to all of us who had lived in peace during the 1990s, that there were still probelms in the world, and that as long as brave men fought for what was right, we could always look forward to a brighter future.
August 30th, 2004  
Aaron

yeah Bourne does have a point
--
August 30th, 2004  
Aaron

yeah but the point of the movie is accuaracy its to show how much shit the soldiers go through defending our country
August 30th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
yeah but the point of the movie is accuaracy its to show how much shit the soldiers go through defending our country
As RnderSafe mentioned (and I think it would be a good idea for a couple of you to read his post a little more carefully, it might give you a clue as to why you should pay attention to what he said), the question was not what the point of the movie was (which I believe was the same as all movies, to make money), it was how accurate that movie's portrayal of the actual events that occurred in Somalia was.

This thread has gotten pretty far off-topic, if anyone would like to see it reopened, send one of us a PM.