House Votes to Let Allies Buy Top U.S. Fighter - Page 2

--

July 6th, 2006  
WarMachine

A south korean would never defect to north korea, unless there is some incredible scenario that blew me away.

As for europe, i didn't list them as f22 purchasers because they all either have their own aircraft to fly, or they'll buy the eurofighter. No sense in buying american if you can get something cheaper. The technology might not be as good, but they don't seem to mind given that's the case right now.
July 7th, 2006  
sandy

They already decided to buy 40 Strike Eagles.
In terms of Bombing, STrike Eagle may be even better than Rapter.
July 8th, 2006  
Ronin

Why are you naming poor third-world countries? If the plans were to get on the black market, it's technology could easily end up in the hands of the Chinese, or Russians, or other major rival of the US.

Think of it like nuclear proliferation.
--
July 11th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
There would have to be some major f'ups for that to happen.
Or some major advances in technology that make it obsolete.
July 12th, 2006  
HangPC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRALdragon
Off the top of my head, I'd sell the F-22 to Japan, Britain, Israel, and Australia. France and Germany, maaaaaaybe.
And Singapore
July 12th, 2006  
Rabs

Canada!
July 13th, 2006  
WarMachine

nobody wants our outrageously expensive fighter except for maybe japan. You need aces to fly these things and a big check book, so that leaves out many nations. Everyone else would buy the JSF or other countries weapons.
July 13th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangPC2
And Singapore
Singapore is not exactly a world player in terms of politics or military. I don't know what they would do with F22s assuming they could afford a sizable force. Does Singapore even have true enemies?
July 14th, 2006  
WarMachine

Taiwan, they're bitter business rivals. Them and the other small nation rival, UAE.
July 14th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Taiwan, they're bitter business rivals. Them and the other small nation rival, UAE.
There's a difference between business competition and true enemies... Either way, I don't see any good reason to sell it to Singapore. A few pieces of artillery and assault weapons, fine. F-22s, no way.