hospital story..... abd question for the vets

mvilla2426

Hey everyone!

I have a story for you all that I wanted your opinion on.

I've had seizures since I was 2 years old. Since the seizures never show up on any tests and since my dad was in Vietnam from 69-74, he has always thought it was an "agent orange" related thing.....

Anyway, when I was 14 I was in the hospital for yet another seizure. My Dad told me that he was in the hospital chapel, thinking about him and vietnam and me in the hospital. One of the nurses came by and he told HER about it all....... She said "well then....... she is a veteran too"

I just wondered what you all think about this.......

Hmmm..well depends on quite a few things:

The main problem with the Agent orange items is the amount of research put into the identification of what could have occoured from the exposure. the primary problem with agent orange is actually it was two chemicals compounds: the actual defoliant, and the dioxin that accidently contaminated it. Now, that particular defoliant had been used for years in the US, with really no documented effects from it: But the Dioxin is a different matter.

The Veterans Administration has started reconizing certain possibilitys for exposure to the dioxin to the off-spring. check this page for a simplified explanation of what the Veteran Administration can do for a Viet nam Vet and the off spring:

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/benefits/herbicide/AOno1.htm

Now VA at this time only reconises spina bifida as a potential offspring effect related to the Agent's exposure,but they look at each situation individually. This is something you need to have your Dad submit to the VA as a claim, or a request for evaluation if he is experiencing any health related problem he thinks may have occoured from viet nam Service.

BTW, thank your father from me, for his service to the country, from one vet to another. :D

Unfortunately for my dad no matter how many people tell him otherwise he STILL blames himself for my seizures..... I wish he'd stop doing that though.......

Back