Hooah! US Marines acquitted of all charges

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
From article:
A court martial on Wednesday acquitted a US Marine for his role in the deaths of 24 civilians in Haditha in Iraq in 2005, the sixth man to be exonerated in the affair, a military official said. Lieutenant Andrew Grayson, 27, was declared "not guilty on all charges" by a jury, said a spokesman for the Camp Pendleton military base in southern California where the hearing started on May 28.

US Marine acquitted of all charges in Haditha killings

And let's not forget what Murtha said about our soldiers...

"There was no firefight. There was no IED that killed those innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood."
--- John Murtha (Democrat Congressman from Pennsylvania)

My understanding is that the marines are suing Murtha. Murtha's defense is that his comments were made in the context of the Iraq war debate and thus his congressional immunity applies. Did you know that Congressman or Senator can say any damn thing they want about you from the floor of congress and you have no recourse?

However, Murtha made his comments outside of the congress and he is attempting to get congressional immunity expanded to include statements made related to congressional business.

Paging John Murtha......Congressman Murtha, please pick up the white courtesy phone........AND GO TO HELL.

God Bless our troops.

Hate to see a Marine behind bars but if you do this no one will take the US military justice system seriously and you will make only enemies. When you acquit US servicemen whenever they kill people wrongfully, you are sending the message, "To us, you Iraqis aren't even people."

Hate to see a Marine behind bars but if you do this no one will take the US military justice system seriously and you will make only enemies. When you acquit US servicemen whenever they kill people wrongfully, you are sending the message, "To us, you Iraqis aren't even people."
Precisely. If we're supposedly in there protecting them we can't be killing them at random. If we were there as occupiers, yes, but we're supposedly there as peacekeepers.

Did you hear all the facts? Were you a juror who heard the case? I wasn't and I don't know so I think it would be kind of ignorant to assume guilt of our military personnel for political reasons which is the way it appears folks do when it comes to our military personnel.

By the way, for those of you who are so anti Republican and want to go in the military, under folks like Hussein Obama, they want to give you to the International courts which hate our guts and always have, way before Iraq, way before Bush. So, think before you do or else you will be thinking all the time after you do. In International courts, you will be found guilty always because your American.

Last edited:
Wasn't there. Haven't seen the investigative reports nor the evidence before the court.

But a court can only convict on the facts presented.

Seems to me that there may be some problem with the evidence and the investigation at some level on the Goverments side of the house.

They went for the big bang on everybody from jump. Then you've reductions of charges, dismissal of charges and aquitals. All this despite the fact that an Officer and an NCO accepted immunity to testify on the Goverments part.

So if the goverments case that facts are as they are presenting them is in fact true (I don't know) then I'd say that rush to judgement on the investigative side maybe under some pressure from above. Resulted in a sloppy investigation.

Then on the other side the facts just might not bear out the goverments case.

You know those 24 people didn't get machine-gunned by accident, perhaps those Marines didn't do it intentionally (or perhaps there just wasn't enough evidence to prove otherwise) but one thing sure enough...somebody pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
No doubt. But the proving of it is the hard part for the prosecution. There was also some serious lag time between the incident and the investigation. The longer it goes the harder it is to build a strong case in terms of phyiscal evidence. Witness or victim testimony only goes so far.

I don't believe in the international court because they're too complicated, incompetent and serve as nice retirement homes for down on their luck former dictators.

I don't have the complete information which is why I'm with holding any joy until I have the information.

I remember back... was it 2001 or 2002 when a US Army vehicle ran over two school girls in Korea and no one faced jail time for manslaughter, it was exactly the message that an already anti-American South Korea got. Obviously someone messed up and people died, yet no one went to jail. Imagine a foreign serviceman in the United States accidentally ran over a school girl during a night training exercise. What do you think would have happened then?

If no guilty party is found, the reputation of the US military justice system takes another swim in the sh*t tank.

From what little information I can gather, since the USMC and NCIS are keeping the reports and proceedings under a pretty tight lid.

I wouldn't look for the squad leader to get aquitted. I think he's gonna get hammered ...................... but I've been wrong before.

Back