Honest Opinions Desired

m551sheridan

Now, I am new here and this may have already been discussed but bear with me please.

What do you guys think of Obama and what he has done so far...

would be most interested what you furiners have to say.

If you haven't yet, dig through this Sub-Board. A number of foriegn Libs, leftists, ect post on here.

Now, I am new here and this may have already been discussed but bear with me please.

What do you guys think of Obama and what he has done so far...

would be most interested what you furiners have to say.

From a foreign point of view I would rate him as far better than his predecessor and I think a lot of people saw Bush as one of the most dangerous men on the planet (and I don't mean that in a good way) however I also would rate him as one of America's most timid and ineffectual presidents.

Personally I would have preferred McCain without Palin because I think she was more dangerous than Bush.

However that is my "foreign" view I really don't know or care how he has done domestically as that is your problem.

Probably the best thing that has happened to US politics in at least the latest 40 years.

Not to mention it has allowed the world to see that regardless of the fact that he was elected by the majority, there is still a strong undercurrent of overt racism in the US.

Yes, he is still subject to many of the problems we see in politicians of all callings, but unfortunately unlike a Monarch he cannot become President without being involved in the filthy game of politics. One cannot rise to the top of a cesspool without some of the stench sticking to you.

Other than that, he's probably done more for the international credibility of the US than any President since JFK.

If you haven't yet, dig through this Sub-Board. A number of foriegn Libs, leftists, ect post on here.
I am sure George... I visit a forum titled military.com and a place called milvets.org.... I read and have started plenty of threads regarding this person who now sits in the white-house...

this place being an international type venue I find it interesting what the other side of the fence think... as my old boss used to say as I was analyzing aerial photo's under the stereoscope -- he would suggest I turn them upside down and take a different point of view... amazing what one see's when you do that.

Europeans see in Barack Obama as an intelligent, public-spirited leader, a far cry from their own, and ignore his actual record. In Germany, France, Spain and Britain, more than 70% said they trusted Obama "to do the right thing in world affairs". The strange thing is that much of what Europeans loathed about the Bush era remains intact. Moreover, Europe is implicated in many of the areas where foreign policy has stalled. Part of the problem with Guantánamo is that European governments refused to take many of the prisoners. Some applauded America's intensification of the war in Afghanistan even as they planned to unilaterally draw down their own troops.

Why do Europeans love him so much? Many of the original reasons still stand. He isn't George Bush, although how long that negative qualification remains meaningful is a moot point. He also emerged at a moment when European political leadership was in a particularly parlous state. Europeans don't just love Obama more than Americans do. They love him more than they love the people they have elected themselves. One reason Obama is so popular in Europe is partly because he has emerged at a time when European leadership was in such a parlous state.

But in many ways Europe's Obamaphilia has always been as much a reflection of its weaknesses as his strengths. Like royalists in search of a benevolent monarch in whom they could invest great hopes but over whom they had no democratic control, they have sought not to leverage their own power but instead to trust in somebody else's.

And those weaknesses have grown. In the continuing fallout of the financial crisis, the continent is struggling to keep itself together. The fate of the euro has been openly questioned.

And while many of the problems that dogged transatlantic relationships remain, almost everything else has changed. The Arab spring laid bare both the US's and Europe's waning influence on the world, while demands to retain the chairmanship of the IMF smack of anachronistic entitlement against the rising power of more dynamic developing economies.

European's attitudes towards Obama tell us more about Europe than they do about the US president. And what they say about both is not particularly impressive.

Obama wants to make our Country more like your Countries, but with the usual arrogance that they are smart enough to keep human nature in check for a better outcome, while @ the same time trying to make as many govt depedant, a big problem across the pond. Libs like to claim that opposition to his Leftist plans are Racism, but that's just an inetectually bankrupt train of thought. Republicans opposed ClintonCare just as strongly. But then again the blacks are so beholden to the Democrat Party that, not seeing any chance of an "Obama" just over the horizon, actually dubbed Clinton the "1st black President". Maybe Libs can say that's why Reps opposed ClintonCare.

I like Obama as a person, not as a president. Like George says, he wants to make the USA more European (social benefit plans). Don't fall for it, it will choke your country. I prefer freedom over government control.

Obama has lied through his teeth since he took office... he has yet to keep a promise, he wishes to destroy our country. I do not believe he is his own man, he is merely a puppet who's strings are pulled by others... George Soros and that one world order thing comes to mind.

I do find it interesting what you other folks think however about this fraud who sits in our whitehouse... sadly I believe another Obama tour will not bode well for you Europeans... his allegiance lays with Islam... he actually said so himself when push comes to shove. The man is more a manchurian candidate then you realize.

Obama has lied through his teeth since he took office... he has yet to keep a promise, he wishes to destroy our country. I do not believe he is his own man, he is merely a puppet who's strings are pulled by others... George Soros and that one world order thing comes to mind.

I do find it interesting what you other folks think however about this fraud who sits in our whitehouse... sadly I believe another Obama tour will not bode well for you Europeans... his allegiance lays with Islam... he actually said so himself when push comes to shove. The man is more a manchurian candidate then you realize.

I really do not want to be the bearer of bad news but I figured everyone knew that their politicians were puppets of those that funded them, doesn't matter what the party alignment is.

As for the "one world order" stuff, not ever going to happen it is just conspiracy rubbish.

Obama has lied through his teeth since he took office.. ...snip...

Oh come on now,... what did you honestly expect, he's a politician, not Mary Poppins.

If you could take the lies out of politics and you'd end up with the supposedly unattainable "perfect vacuum".

George Bush Junior looked a complete fool when trying to deliver a speech and came a laughing stock across the world. Clinton could deliver a speech but had other problems. Internationally Obama comes across quite well, now looking at Romney he has already dropped more international clangers than a bell ringers convention and looks a complete ass. In America it appears that nearly any one with enough money can get into the white house even if they are a few sandwiches short of a picnic

Oh come on now,... what did you honestly expect, he's a politician, not Mary Poppins.

If you could take the lies out of politics and you'd end up with the supposedly unattainable "perfect vacuum".
I agree with what you say... but he is far above the norm.. he doesn't even know what he has said from day to day when talking to different groups... and his Chicago style thug politics is not the American way... and note also... thus far all he has done is throw dirt and will not address the issues ... he does NOT want to talk about his record.. and he has not... just throwing crap and dirt. Romney and Ryan at least speak to the issues troubling our nation.

Sure that our American cousins ​​will elect the best entertainer as president.
It's all a show.

I agree with what you say... but he is far above the norm.. he doesn't even know what he has said from day to day when talking to different groups... and his Chicago style thug politics is not the American way... and note also... thus far all he has done is throw dirt and will not address the issues ... he does NOT want to talk about his record.. and he has not... just throwing crap and dirt. Romney and Ryan at least speak to the issues troubling our nation.
Yes, he is far above the norm, and his last few predecessors were well below the norm. Hence his high approval rate around the world.

It appears that just as in the rest of the world, voters get the electees that they so richly deserve. You were lucky and fell on your feet this time, it won't always be like that.

The issues troubling the US, and many of those affecting the world were put into place long before the present administration was even heard of. Your country, like so many suffers from too much politics and not enough government. You need to lift your sights above the individuals of Party politics and demand better government from all of them.

Last edited:
I often feel that these days the American system breeds bad Presidents. When they are first elected they spend the first 18 months feeling there way into the office, and by then they have an eye on getting re-elected in a couple of year time and selection starts for a new president, so if they don't do any thing then they can't do any thing wrong and hopefully get re-elected. If they do get re-elected then they go mad for the next four years as they can no longer stand for this office so what ever they it does matter to them.

George Bush Junior looked a complete fool when trying to deliver a speech and came a laughing stock across the world. Clinton could deliver a speech but had other problems. Internationally Obama comes across quite well, now looking at Romney he has already dropped more international clangers than a bell ringers convention and looks a complete ass.
Obama away from the Teleprompter isn't much better a speaker than Bush II was.

I agree with what you say... but he is far above the norm.. he doesn't even know what he has said from day to day when talking to different groups...
Over seas he said "You're our most important ally" in at least 6 different Counties, guess he thought no one would notice.

Yes, he is far above the norm, and his last few predecessors were well below the norm. Hence his high approval rate around the world.
Your country, like so many suffers from too much politics and not enough government. You need demand better government from all of them.
He really isn't above the norm, it's just hype. Almost no votes of substance in the US Senate & Illinios legislature, his school records are sealed. His credentals of being of high intelligence seem fabricated. The Media gave him a pass on almost everything while in exstasy of his Siren song. We do need better Govt, but we have too much govt now.

He really isn't above the norm, it's just hype.
Yeah, yeah, yeah,... it's pretty obvious that your blatant pro Republican jingoism is the largest part of your own undoing. I suppose that next you'll be trying to convince us that other politicians don't have this "hype"?? If so, I think that you are chronically delusional.

We also get a good laugh out of the Red neck responses we get in response to our own perceptions. You must think that we who live outside the US are all illiterate peasants who live under a rock somewhere on the dark side of the moon. No,.. the world is a very small place and we see the goings on in your country virtually at the same time as you do.

Fortunately, as outsiders we "Furriners" have little to gain or lose either way, so we can afford to make our opinions completely unaffected by party political BS.

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, yeah,... it's pretty obvious that your blatant pro Republican jingoism is the largest part of your own undoing. I suppose that next you'll be trying to convince us that other politicians don't have this "hype"?? If so, I think that you are chronically delusional.
You just don't realize the extent & levels of hype that Obama got. Reporters were actually saying that Obama was taking a demotion from his near God like status to become President of the United Sates!

You just don't realize the extent & levels of hype that Obama got. Reporters were actually saying that Obama was taking a demotion from his near God like status to become President of the United Sates!
Oh, Bullsh!t,...

Like I said, we may be on the other side of the world, but you need to realise that we see what happens just as you do, and without the party political spin.

Back