Honest Opinions Desired

Florida has Alligators, Australia has Crocodiles!

meanwhile-in-australia-crocodile.jpg

Hey BritinAfrica.....The chap in Australia with a claim to the throne died this year, still he has children.

Bugger, he was only a young bloke, well youngish.

so, if the Queen stomps her foot down and says "NO WAY" or "I WANT IT" it still has to go through the houses? Supposed to kinda be that way here, but of late *king barry* seems to be flipping us off.

As far as I know she isn't allowed to "suggest" or "propose" new laws. She has no power whatsoever, all she is basically is a figurehead.

speaking of *flipping off*... read somewhere that waaaaaaay back when at some battle between you guys and France there was something about the middle finger and firing arrows.... any additional info

The two fingered salute dates back to the English Longbowman who fought the French during the Hundred Years War (1337 – 1453). The French hated the English archers who used the Longbow with such devastating effect. Any English archers who were caught by the French had their Index and middle fingers chopped off from their right hand- a terrible penalty for an archer. This led to the practice of the English archers, especially in siege situations, taunting their French enemy with their continued presence by raising their two fingers in the ‘Two-Fingered Salute’ meaning “You haven’t cut off my fingers !”

The two fingered salute has two meanings,
Knuckles forward is used as an insult
Palm forwards as used by Winston Churchill stood for V for Victory
In later years its also been used as a "Peace" sign.

On a side note....... read a series called the Hornblower Series... about Lord Nelson... great read - wore them out I read them so often... CS Forester puts the ocean spray right in your face.

I'm not really clued up on Royal Naval history, but I am sure others will give you the gen.

Last edited:
Obama...

Honestly, I'm not a big fan. He's not strong enough to run this country. We have got to have someone in the White House that will do what is RIGHT, not what is popular.

Obama is too worried about pacifing the Republicans and he's not getting enough done.

This is who I am looking to find in the White House, someone with this sort of mentality:
"Our politicians do not serve us; they serve the multinational corporations that pay them. It's time to change that. Let's end the corporate takeover of our government." — Cenk Uygur

As you well know George.... but to you foreign types here is the straight scoop in a nut shell............ from what I have read about your opinions y'all like him but I am here to tell you this, he is

obama_lies.jpg
I still think that you posted this thread as a deliberate Obama bashing thread.

So far all you have really said (repeatedly) on the subject, is that he is "a liar", totally disregarding the fact that he is just another politician, and as such "lying" is number one one his job description, regardless of political party.

So I'd say in that regard he's no different to any other politician, it's just that his party/personal politics does not suit your views. Tough sh!t, get over it,... in that regard his successor will be no better, probably worse.

Last edited:
I still think that you posted this thread as a deliberate Obama bashing thread.

So far all you have really said (repeatedly) on the subject, is that he is "a liar", totally disregarding the fact that he is just another politician, and as such "lying" is number one one his job description, regardless of political party.

So I'd say in that regard he's no different to any other politician, it's just that his party/personal politics does not suit your views. Tough sh!t, get over it,... in that regard his successor will be no better, probably worse.

True but it does open up the chance to level the playing field...

:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v4PWW301JM"]Romney Girl - YouTube[/ame]

and I really like is one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=bxch-yi14BE

Last edited:
He said he wanted honest oppinions, but he didn't say he wasn't going to respond to those still under Obama's Siren Song.

He said he wanted honest oppinions, but he didn't say he wasn't going to respond to those still under Obama's Siren Song.
And I said, "I still think that you posted this thread as a deliberate Obama bashing thread". Implying that I think he really doesn't want "honest opinions" unless they are in agreement with his line of thought. If you ask for someone's opinion, don't complain when they tell you.

After all, someone who would waste others time complaining about lying politicians would complain about Santa Claus only coming on one day every year. FFS get over it, "them's the rules o' the game".

To quote Winston Churchill...

If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If all he wanted was a bash Obama thread then at least be honest and say it is rather than hide behind the pretext of getting others opinions.

To quote Winston Churchill...

If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If all he wanted was a bash Obama thread then at least be honest and say it is rather than hide behind the pretext of getting others opinions.

SENO, MONTY - I didn't say I had no opinion of the man.... obviously I do, and as you can see it is not positive in any degree... but again, this was not the intent of this thread..... I am interested to hear what you folks on this side of the ocean have to say...
I responded to the Dane video... that video shows what obama is... and I posted a picture that condenses the message... THAT IS what obama is all about.... all one needs to do is start looking from when he was a senator and work yourself forward... see what he has said and what he has done.
You two have jumped me a couple times with this assertion that *bashing* is the intent of this thread. I see plenty of that on the boards back here, no need to start one on this site... the opinions of you folks IS very interesting to me... and I have used some of your favorable one back here at home to show what others in the world have to say but,you see we also have our share of what we call *obamabots*... those, regardless of what he says from day to day, in his own words, support and blindly follow... I find it interesting that you two appear to fit into that mold in your defense of him... as I may already said.. I agree all politicians lie........ this man, who practices Chicago style politics, takes lying to a whole different level.

So, what I am hearing from you is this... I should sit back, not post, whether in favor of or against a posting, and just be an observer.... OK, so be it.

Back