Honest Opinions Desired

Oh, Bullsh!t,...

Like I said, we may be on the other side of the world, but you need to realise that we see what happens just as you do, and without the party political spin.
Nope, not bull$hit, as I was saying you have no idea of how rampant Obamamania got. Plus you see it from afar with even more dependence on the media. Hitler's propaganda guys studied how crowds in the US would get whipped into a frenzy @ football game Pep Rallys & used the techniques back home. Obama's people were getting simular results. They had him coming out on sets designed to make him look like a Greek God. The only other modern hysteria that comes to mind would be BeatleMania of '64-5. It was really something to see how wound up people got. Girls creating songs of idolism & posting them on Youtube. Just amazing.

I must say it is most interesting to read what you folks on the other side of the pond have to say... thanks, much appreciated..

If I were president - first I would DESTROY every cell phone in the country... I HATE those things:m16shoot:;)

On an international note when countries cry to us for help I would be more inclined to tell them to ask Europe.... I am really tired of us being the first on scene to offer aid during natural calamities only to be kicked in the nuts after said country has eaten it's fill - I say let Spain, France, Germany, England get kicked in the nuts for a while.........

I'd not stick my nose in schit the way we do... let the middle east eat themselves... I WOULD continue to be an umbrella for Israel if they ask... but the rest of them, the cash cow would dry up... piss on em... WHAT ARE we doing giving these folks billions so as they can kill our own and yours as well... noper, let them have sex with goats all on their own.

I wouldn't be an isolationist but the word would be put out... leave me alone or you would rue the day... I would keep a strong military and navy... maintain relationships that truely are my friends.....

I wouldn play the PC game either.... a spade is a spade in my book.

and the bottom line? Most likely I wouldn't last much longer the a few hours.:roll:

back on topic....... again appreciate reading how you all perceive us troublesome colonist... very interesting, please continue to share your opinions.

As for the "one world order" stuff, not ever going to happen it is just conspiracy rubbish.
well yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, youz is out there floating around all by your lonesome...
202.gif

America, love it or hate it.....

It is governed by entertainers, liars, morons, whatever and yet it is by far the greatest economy in the world. Still 3 (!!) times as large as China, which many already call the biggest.

If those people, whatever you call them, are able to govern such a monolith, what makes that of other people in other countries who think they know it better?

Fact is that Obama had no experience whatsoever in governing, and it shows. Look at the Arab spring, he waits until there is a clear victor and then jumps suit.

He blows hot and cold.

I prefer someone who stands up for his country. The US is a super power and must act like that. Most politicians like Obama because they can influence him. If he would stand firm he would lose a lot of his popularity.

I wonder what people would have said of Bush if he would have ordered all those covert actions and UAV attacks?

Where would Obama be without Clinton?

A Belgian TV reporter (Emile Goelen) once interviewed David McCallum (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) and couldn't understand why he moved to the USA, a country with such a bad social security system. And McCallum said, I don't go to the US for the social security system, I go to the US for making more money. (aka American Dream)

Obama is not reviving the American Dream, he is choking it.

Just remember, it wasnt Obama who made up a **** and bull story that involved your country in a war that has killed thousands of your best young men and women, and largely contributed to putting your country in debt to the point where all you could do was print more notes like some third world banana republic. The remainder of the reasons being due to policies that were in place for at least a generation prior to the Obama administration

OK, so I thought this was someone asking for legitimate opinions,... and in fact it was just a thinly disguised bait to start an Obama bashing thread, I should have known better.

Go for it,.. fill your boots, but next time don't ask for genuine opinions. I couldn't really give a flying fcuk,... after all, you've got to live there and you're going to have to put your hand in your pocket to pay for the mess you are in. :bravo:

Enjoy,...

Just remember, it wasnt Obama who made up a **** and bull story that involved your country in a war that has killed thousands of your best young men and women, and largely contributed to putting your country in debt to the point where all you could do was print more notes like some third world banana republic. The remainder of the reasons being due to policies that were in place for at least a generation prior to the Obama administration

OK, so I thought this was someone asking for legitimate opinions,... and in fact it was just a thinly disguised bait to start an Obama bashing thread, I should have known better.

Go for it,.. fill your boots, but next time don't ask for genuine opinions. I couldn't really give a flying fcuk,... after all, you've got to live there and you're going to have to put your hand in your pocket to pay for the mess you are in. :bravo:

Enjoy,...
no, was not my intent at all... I do want to hear what y'all think... I can not do anything about what others may say on the issue, although I lean towards their persuasion ... I have my opinions of obama... I have heard plenty about why others support him on my side of the fence... this thread is about what and why you folks think and feel the way you do. I believe obama is a *clear and present danger* not only to my own country but to the free world as a whole... you European types have a differing slant on the man... refreshing to read a different point of view --- some of you may support him, but your *reasons* are much removed from what I normally read over here, THAT is what interest me. So please do not just get up and leave, I'm the FNG around here... y'all are the old timers, you guys set the pace and tone of the responses.

Last edited:
New member or old, one's opinions are no more than that,... they are just opinions.
Fortunately, we don't have "seniority" here, and as far as I'm concerned a newcomer's opinions are as valid as those who have been here since day dot.

My point being that we "outsiders" probably get a more balanced perspective on these things, as we do not get the blatant party political bias in our news reports that one sees in the US media, nor do we have a vested interest in your internal politics. The fact is, that outside the US Obama has a pretty good name internationally, (not really hard to do when one considers those in the past with whom he is being compared)

That's just my perception.

Last edited:
That's just my perception.
that is my point... at other sites I visit the, what I call obamabots, voice the same blind loyality without presenting their reasons why and what for...

your perceptions and those of others who do not live in the US, either for or against obama, are quite refreashing... you guys at least tell a person the *why* you and your associates feel/believe/support the way you do.

A Belgian TV reporter (Emile Goelen) once interviewed David McCallum (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) and couldn't understand why he moved to the USA, a country with such a bad social security system. And McCallum said, I don't go to the US for the social security system, I go to the US for making more money. (aka American Dream)

Obama is not reviving the American Dream, he is choking it.

People seem to forget that the American dream in it's hay required a list of other budding devloping countries or countries reconstructing after WW ll to sell things to. People came to the U.S. to work and buy.

At this rate people will soon be coming to the U.S. just to buy. The "American Dream" cannot be established nor maintaned by the U.S. alone especially with all this modern "globalisation" stuff going on.

With India and China's middle class and purchasing power on the up and up, and American manufucturing stunted most likely forever, our suppliers will soon just go where the money is and sell there, shedding little focus on us "broke Americans."

• We exported our manufacuring.
  • We exported our middle class.
  • We exported our unemployment in the finacial crisis when suppliers had no orders for their factories.
  • Now we are exporting our American Dream. Which once again, depends on outside buyers to sustain it's quality of life for those select few fortunate enough to enjoy it's merits. Whether in today's world they are American or Not.
Also I think that any one man who fancies himself ballsy enough to state he alone will reinstate the economic structure required for the Dream is either a two faced liar, or is running for election.

So to tie all this together I just completely ignore both running canidates when the bable on about the restoration of the American Dream in one mandate nonsense.

And focus on other more realistic, and more tangible policy topics that they may actually be able to managed in one mandate. Such as stunting our debt bubble, or encouraging the destruction of teachers unions.

The more positive side of political entertainment.

Last edited:
that is my point... at other sites I visit the, what I call obamabots, voice the same blind loyality without presenting their reasons why and what for...

your perceptions and those of others who do not live in the US, either for or against obama, are quite refreashing... you guys at least tell a person the *why* you and your associates feel/believe/support the way you do.
To be perfectly candid, I feel that you really miss the point.

Rather than asking us outsiders what we think, you would be far better served by removing your own blinkers and viewing your own internal politics with a little more evenly balanced cynicism. It's not hard to do,... just learn to accept the fact that politicians, regardless of their party affiliations, are basically just thieves and liars who will do, or promise* anything to stay with their collective noses stuck firmly in the power trough. If you have power, money ceases to be of any real consequence, it will stick to you at every turn.

*You don't have to look very carefully to see that the things that they actually "do" rarely if ever have any connection with that which they have "promised".

Last edited:
To be perfectly candid, I feel that you really miss the point.

Rather than asking us outsiders what we think, you would be far better served by removing your own blinkers and viewing your own internal politics with a little more evenly balanced cynicism. It's not hard to do,... just learn to accept the fact that politicians, regardless of their party affiliations, are basically just thieves and liars who will do, or promise* anything to stay with their collective noses stuck firmly in the power trough. If you have power, money ceases to be of any real consequence, it will stick to you at every turn.

*You don't have to look very carefully to see that the things that they actually "do" rarely if ever have any connection with that which they have "promised".
I assure you that I am not as blind as you infer... I have long wanted a 3rd or 4th party system... exactly for the reasons you mentioned... in the final analysis we are but serfs that the rich *allow* to believe in a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow... keep-em happy, throw a few bones.
That was/is OK with me... I didn't get rich but I made enough to raise my daughter and do most of what I wanted during my vacation time... let the rich become richer....... to what end... I had the perfect job, I worked in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest, by myself and usually a few miles from my truck...just me, the butterflies and the critters. I earned enough to be comfortable - was all I needed... let them wear their suits and ties and live in big cities...... they'll all starve once the electricity goes out.
So Seno....I asked because you guys have a different spin on our situation then what I hear day to day... I'd like to sit in the tavern with you guys, playing some pool and drinking a beer or two.... and commenting about what is being said on the evening news, is my only reason for starting this thread... if it is out of line or of no interest to you folks then I welcome the moderators of this site to close it and toss it in the round file.

Last edited:
I assure you that I am not as blind as you infer... I have long wanted a 3rd or 4th party system... exactly for the reasons you mentioned... ---snip---.
So Seno....I asked because you guys have a different spin on our situation then what I hear day to day... I'd like to sit in the tavern with you guys, playing some pool and drinking a beer or two.... and commenting about what is being said on the evening news, is my only reason for starting this thread... if it is out of line or of no interest to you folks then I welcome the moderators of this site to close it and toss it in the round file.
I think it's a great thread, but only so long as it is what it infers, a desire to hear the opinions of others without resorting into a needless political bashfest. The truth is bad enough without needless exaggeration and one eyed politics coming in to it.

I have long wanted a 3rd or 4th party system...

Personally I don't like Obama, I don't trust him. He has spoken at length about the "Miracle" of South Africa's ANC, despite the fact they are so corrupt and racist its not funny, their agenda is to turn South Africa into a one party state. The ANC idea of democracy is the same as East Germany, yet Obama supports the ANC wholeheartedly.

The US two party system in my opinion is far more democratic then say a 3 party system. For example two parties might get 30% of the vote each while one gets 40%. The one with 40% wins, despite the fact that 60% voted against the winning party.

Last edited:
Over seas he said "You're our most important ally" in at least 6 different Counties, guess he thought no one would notice.

All of them since LBJ have done that to Australia. We know we are a valued ally and it would sound to awkward to say anything but that.

Go for it,.. fill your boots, but next time don't ask for genuine opinions. I couldn't really give a flying fcuk,... after all, you've got to live there and you're going to have to put your hand in your pocket to pay for the mess you are in.
C:%5CUsers%5Csteev%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif

Enjoy,...

Its funny how the man of the moment gets held accountable for the policy shortfalls of the last half century.

''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
WARNING: My misconceived thoughts contained below :shock:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..............................................-------------------------------------------

Why is American politics so intense???

Its like they actually hold ideals to be the be all and end all, dont get me wrong I am willing to die for some of them but politicians aren't and those are the (Stated) Ideals I refer to.

The American public haven't yet recognized the functionality behind politics. Politicians are people who want to have their say, change the world in some way. Whether it be economic reform, social policy or by removing local councils parking tariffs (the scale doesn't matter). For the most part what the set out to achieve will benefit the greater good(personally hate that term but you know what I mean) in some way. In order to achieve this they have to act in a certain way( the speeches the shows and appearances)[be the predictable bot the public expects] and bend to the wills of others (interest groups supporters financial and political) to achieve what they set out to achieve, the politicians rationalize this compromise by knowing without these things they wouldn't have been able to achieve their goals(and generally in democratic society only those with vaguely beneficial goals will make the cut).

Why Do Americans(generalizing I know apologies in advance) appear to be so blind to this process? Politics over there appears to be so caught up with either wacky stuff(like the fake birth certificate farce) or this sideshow of politics. Why do they fall for their own politicking?

And any attempt of serious analysis of policy is jaded by this lack of understanding of the political process.

Over here for example an American style politicing would be considered a joke although sadly this is changing.Enough of that Australian politics has its own problems (like it appears to be a comp for the most unimaginative sap gets to be our leader)......

Thus endeth the Rant...

Personally I don't like Obama, I don't trust him. He has spoken at length about the "Miracle" of South Africa's ANC, despite the fact they are so corrupt and racist its not funny, their agenda is to turn South Africa into a one party state. The ANC idea of democracy is the same as East Germany, yet Obama supports the ANC wholeheartedly.
Obama probably favors that model.

All of them since LBJ have done that to Australia. We know we are a valued ally and it would sound to awkward to say anything but that.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..............................................-------------------------------------------

Why is American politics so intense???

Its like they actually hold ideals to be the be all and end all, dont get me wrong I am willing to die for some of them but politicians aren't and those are the (Stated) Ideals I refer to.

The American public haven't yet recognized the functionality behind politics. Politicians are people who want to have their say, change the world in some way. Whether it be economic reform, social policy or by removing local councils parking tariffs (the scale doesn't matter). For the most part what the set out to achieve will benefit the greater good(personally hate that term but you know what I mean) in some way. In order to achieve this they have to act in a certain way( the speeches the shows and appearances)[be the predictable bot the public expects] and bend to the wills of others (interest groups supporters financial and political) to achieve what they set out to achieve, the politicians rationalize this compromise by knowing without these things they wouldn't have been able to achieve their goals(and generally in democratic society only those with vaguely beneficial goals will make the cut).

Why Do Americans(generalizing I know apologies in advance) appear to be so blind to this process? Politics over there appears to be so caught up with either wacky stuff(like the fake birth certificate farce) or this sideshow of politics. Why do they fall for their own politicking?

And any attempt of serious analysis of policy is jaded by this lack of understanding of the political process.

Over here for example an American style politicing would be considered a joke although sadly this is changing.Enough of that Australian politics has its own problems (like it appears to be a comp for the most unimaginative sap gets to be our leader)......

Thus endeth the Rant...
" Important Allie" The "Usuall platitudes" but he was on a multi-Nation Tour & said that to every one of them. "Birthers" Who started the "Birther" thing? Wasn't the Republicans! It was started by Obama's relatives who said they watched him being born in Kenya. Obama was filmed as a new US Senator telling people he was born in Kenya. The list goes on. He said he wants to fundamentally change the US. His father was a Marxist, as was the step-dad, he admits in his books seeking out Marxist Professor & students, he seems imersed in Marxist surroundings during his upbringing.

Really I don't think it matters much to the working man who he votes for he will still get screwed in the same old way.

The US two party system in my opinion is far more democratic then say a 3 party system. For example two parties might get 30% of the vote each while one gets 40%. The one with 40% wins, despite the fact that 60% voted against the winning party.
true what you said but the way things have been is choosing the lesser of two evils most of the time... I wish it could go back to a day where a common Joe could run for office... public office should not be a career... minimum pay, fewer benefits - and at the end of their tour they go back to doing what they did before holding office... I guess it is the same the world over...

For instance, the Monarchy in Brittian? The crown has been passed down from lord knows when.... the original land owners still own the land? Folks are just allowed to live on those lands? What have the royals done to earn what they have?
Now, I am one of those pesky colonist who has no clue how it all works in your country... I admire that the offspring serve in the military... but it is all a hand-me-down... I am off topic aren't I?

I do not know what the solution is to our political problems - but something needs to be done........ maybe after we blow ourselves up we can start anew.

Back