Honest Opinions Desired

I often feel that these days the American system breeds bad Presidents. When they are first elected they spend the first 18 months feeling there way into the office, and by then they have an eye on getting re-elected in a couple of year time and selection starts for a new president, so if they don't do any thing then they can't do any thing wrong and hopefully get re-elected. If they do get re-elected then they go mad for the next four years as they can no longer stand for this office so what ever they it does matter to them.

Because all of the other leaders are so great?:confused:

That's a perfect example of why you have the one eyed opinions that you do. You offer a self proclaimed (and obviously proud of it) Right wing Blog, as evidence to support your argument.

But seno, if you are looking at us from across the world, from a left view, a left society, a left govt, covered by a left media then wouldn't you be getting a left slant and come to a left conclusion?:confused:

To be perfectly candid, I feel that you really miss the point.

Rather than asking us outsiders what we think, you would be far better served by removing your own blinkers and viewing your own internal politics with a little more evenly balanced cynicism. It's not hard to do,... just learn to accept the fact that politicians, regardless of their party affiliations, are basically just thieves and liars who will do, or promise* anything to stay with their collective noses stuck firmly in the power trough. If you have power, money ceases to be of any real consequence, it will stick to you at every turn.

*You don't have to look very carefully to see that the things that they actually "do" rarely if ever have any connection with that which they have "promised".

I actually agree with you about most politicians seno. I would exclude Pres George Washington or Pres Dewight Eisenshower, they are beyond great in my opinion.

I guess the fact that people want to some how let Pres Obama have a pass is what is so amazing.

I still think that you posted this thread as a deliberate Obama bashing thread.

So far all you have really said (repeatedly) on the subject, is that he is "a liar", totally disregarding the fact that he is just another politician, and as such "lying" is number one one his job description, regardless of political party.

So I'd say in that regard he's no different to any other politician, it's just that his party/personal politics does not suit your views. Tough sh!t, get over it,... in that regard his successor will be no better, probably worse.

How is it Obama bashing seno when everyone who is posting from across the pond is posting that they love him? And half the Americans posting are liberal and for him?

No one said he couldn't have an opinion, they just questioned the motives for posting the thread using the Title he did.

Oh lucky you Tank, seno said you can have an opinion...lol

Sorry seno, I couldn't resist:p

But Tank, you can only have an opinion IF you post the title the way seno wants it and say it the way seno wants it:wink:

How is it Obama bashing seno when everyone who is posting from across the pond is posting that they love him? And half the Americans posting are liberal and for him?
I dunno if you noticed, but we from "across the pond" didn't post the thread, so we had no say in it's title or it's intent.

Did you bother to read my reasons for my opinion?

Last edited:
I dunno if you noticed, but we from "across the pond" didn't post the thread, so we had no say in it's title or it's intent.

Did you bother to read my reasons for my opinion?

Yes, I read lots of your post, I thought you were being reasonable with your opinions and position until Tank gave his.

Back