Homelife as an SF soldier

Amrcnmade

I have recently taken my asvabs and passed my physical at meps up at Fort Lee. My AFQT was 96 and general line score averaged about 130. I am very interested in SF and the 18X program but I am getting conflicting advice from current army members who are not SF. So I wanted some first hand knowledge advice from here. I was told that SF soldiers spend alot of their time with the 11b infantry. And are not as much of a separate elite unit that operates apart from infantry as I had previously believed. Is that the case? And secondly, as I am married, I was told that SF suppesedly has the highest divorce rate. I found that to be odd and unlikely but it struck a chord with my wife as you can imagine. Is SF life very hard on ones home life? Or was that some idiot trying the scare her? I am planning on signing my contract next week so all help is appreciated. Thank you

(I am not USSF.)

I have recently taken my asvabs and passed my physical at meps up at Fort Lee. My AFQT was 96 and general line score averaged about 130. I am very interested in SF and the 18X program but I am getting conflicting advice from current army members who are not SF.

(If you want it enough it doesn´t matter what people tell you about it, especially people who have never walked the walk..)

So I wanted some first hand knowledge advice from here. I was told that SF soldiers spend alot of their time with the 11b infantry. And are not as much of a separate elite unit that operates apart from infantry as I had previously believed. Is that the case?

(Depends on what you believed previously. USSF is a part of the US Army.)

And secondly, as I am married, I was told that SF suppesedly has the highest divorce rate. I found that to be odd and unlikely but it struck a chord with my wife as you can imagine. Is SF life very hard on ones home life? Or was that some idiot trying the scare her? I am planning on signing my contract next week so all help is appreciated. Thank you

(He is probably right for a few reasons.
Over here it goes like this:
You do a hell of alot of training to get where you want to be.
After the pipeline you will want to deploy to test the skills you have learned, thus SF people are ALWAYS ready to deploy.

You will learn how to do the trade, and perhaps you can get through selection on being a stud (most don´t).
But if you don´t have the inner motivation, the fire, you are never going to get into the lifestyle.

Not the best start, to get to a Team without being ready to deploy. When ever, where ever.

A few things for you to think over.)

Make a decision and stick to it, no one likes a quitter.
Good luck.
//KJ.

Answers in ()

Last edited:
Back