Home invader killed by man with AK-47

Fortunately in this county it's not too bad, my 22 year old friend got a pistol permit and a P22 recently. Apparently Dutchess county has a pro-gun sheriff.

So you are saying there are only 5 people licensed to own handguns in NYC and they are all RICH CELEBRITIES or you saying RICH CELEBRITIES shouldn't have handguns or are you just selectively using statistics that really show nothing other than the one sided view you back?

He's saying that the NY "may-issue" system in New York City is corrupted to the extend of only issuing them to rich and well to do people and to hell with the regular Joe. Do you think thats acceptable system?

He's saying that the NY "may-issue" system in New York City is corrupted to the extend of only issuing them to rich and well to do people and to hell with the regular Joe. Do you think thats acceptable system?

I have no idea whether it is acceptable or not that would be a job for someone that lives in the area concerned but I am reasonably sure that rattling off 5 celebrity names isn't representative of the system either.

For example how many people have this permit, how many are turned down, how many crimes are committed by those with the permit are there obvious cases of preferential treatment in getting said permit etc. would all be useful bits of information but just regurgitating 5 names over and over tells us nothing.

I have no idea whether it is acceptable or not that would be a job for someone that lives in the area concerned but I am reasonably sure that rattling off 5 celebrity names isn't representative of the system either.

For example how many people have this permit, how many are turned down, how many crimes are committed by those with the permit are there obvious cases of preferential treatment in getting said permit etc. would all be useful bits of information but just regurgitating 5 names over and over tells us nothing.

Logically if your name was Donald Trump you would have a greater kidnap risk than you would if your name was Joe Smith and you worked in a Department Store in NYC.

The question then becomes, if the Law were to be extended evenly, if Donald Trump and Joe Smith would be safer in a City with 4 Million Handguns, which is merely half the Population of New York City, or if the current system is working.

In any event, there is Legal redress available through the Federal Court System if people feel their Constitutional Rights are not being extended, and I for one fail to see why people complain so much when all they need to do is hire a Lawyer and sue someone if they feel they are being wronged or slighted.

Logically if your name was Donald Trump you would have a greater kidnap risk than you would if your name was Joe Smith and you worked in a Department Store in NYC.

Logically NYC is inept. Who has a greater risk of being robbed, attacked or murdered? Donald Trump in his tower fortress or Joe Smith who works in department store?

Guess who is going to get a permit first?

Logically NYC is inept. Who has a greater risk of being robbed, attacked or murdered? Donald Trump in his tower fortress or Joe Smith who works in department store?

Guess who is going to get a permit first?

I would say Trump, because he is in the end more important to NYC than Joe Smith working in the Department Store, sort of like the President of the United States gets Taxpayer Funded USSS Protection, and, sadly, I do not, yet there are many, many, many more Rank and File Americans killed each year than there have been Presidents shot and killed, or merely shot at.

So, if Joe made the Bank Deposit at the end of the day would he get a Handgun Permit? If Joe Smith owned the Store he worked in would he get a Handgun Permit?

If Joe Smith were already Robbed and or Attacked (but not Murdered) would he be able to get a Handgun Permit?

Just why doesn't Joe Smith take a 2nd job to hire a Personal Security Firm to protect him on his way home from Work and while he is in his house?

Why would Donald Trump be forced to rely solely on hired guns to protect his life? I'd say Donald Trump has gotten more Death Threats than Joe Smith has.

Why doesn't Joe Smith hire a Lawyer and sue the City of New York over his Right in Law to Own a Handgun?

that would be a job for someone that lives in the area concerned

Here's one opinion from a New Yorker.

The permit process here in NYC is insane. I am a former FFL holder from Boston with a clean record. I have been living in NYC for 7 years now. I am licensed to carry in about 20 different states. I can't even get a permit to keep a bb-gun in my residence here. I am forced to keep all my firearms in another residence that I have in another state. Here are a few details from my personal experiences trying to go through the process to get a permit to keep a gun (even a bb-gun) in my home here...

Here is an old article in NY Post but you have to pay for all of it.

In nearly a century, NYC has issued something like 3,000 permits.

Today, NYC permits number in the couple of hundreds out of 20 million people. I can list a lot more politicians, rich and celebrities who have who have permits if you want. Its all public record.

So all these politicians and celebrities getting permits JUST HAPPEN to be a coincidence and that there is no bias in NYC's pistol permit system? Oh paleeeeze.

Last edited:
I would say Trump, because he is in the end more important to NYC than Joe Smith working in the Department Store.
I seriously hope your joking.
If Joe Smith were already Robbed and or Attacked (but not Murdered) would he be able to get a Handgun Permit?
It would be a bit too late to get a permit by then wouldn't it? Why wait until someone is robbed and attacked?
Why doesn't Joe Smith hire a Lawyer and sue the City of New York over his Right in Law to Own a Handgun?
No. You are definitely joking. Right? There is no way you are serious. Hahahahahaha Good one Gatorman.If you're serious (I hope you're not): Many have tried. None have succeeded.

Nothing short of a Supreme Court ruling will bring NYC back into the control of the US constitution. Problem is that the US Supreme court hasn't ruled on a 2nd amendment case since 1933.

Last edited:
I seriously hope your joking.
It would be a bit too late to get a permit by then wouldn't it? Why wait until someone is robbed and attacked?
No. You are definitely joking. Right? There is no way you are serious. Hahahahahaha Good one Gatorman.If you're serious (I hope you're not): Many have tried. None have succeeded.

Nothing short of a Supreme Court ruling will bring NYC back into the control of the US constitution. Problem is that the US Supreme court hasn't ruled on a 2nd amendment case since 1933.

I'm not known for my sense of humor here.

The people in NYC can go to Court if they are upset and want to challenge the Law on Constitutional Grounds, they can move if they are upset, they can kill themselves if they are upset, or they can learn to live with it if they are upset but do not want to move, challenge the Law in Court, or die.

Freedom is not free, it is rather expensive, Freedom is paid for time and time again with the blood of this Nations Patriots..... knowing that you think Joe Smith would be able to come up with the money to Sue the City of New York in Federal Court.... if it goes to the Supreme Court, seeing how more on the Supreme Court are far Right, I say make a move now, and see if the Court rules in favor of Joe Smith.

In nearly a century, NYC has issued something like 3,000 permits.

Today, NYC permits number in the couple of hundreds out of 20 million people. I can list a lot more politicians, rich and celebrities who have who have permits if you want. Its all public record.

So all these politicians and celebrities getting permits JUST HAPPEN to be a coincidence and that there is no bias in NYC's pistol permit system? Oh paleeeeze.

I think you are pulling a 5.56 and just pulling out selective bits of information to suit your argument here.

1) You say NYC permits number in the hundreds out of a population of 20 million this is somewhat misleading as the population is less relevant than the number of people that apply for the permit so how about a percentage based on the number of applicants rather than the city's population.

2) If you read the entire post made by the guy you quote you will notice that 90% of the post is a complaint about the process (he couldn't find the right room, he didn't like the questions asked etc.). I don't doubt for an instant that the bureaucracy is a royal pain in the butt but isn't it for everything but anyway it seems to me that the only reason he can't have a permit is that he wont fill out the form.

Please note I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying don't expect meaningless numbers to justify your case.

I think you are pulling a 5.56 and just pulling out selective bits of information to suit your argument here.

1) You say NYC permits number in the hundreds out of a population of 20 million this is somewhat misleading as the population is less relevant than the number of people that apply for the permit so how about a percentage based on the number of applicants rather than the city's population.

New York City has a Population of 8.2 Million at last count, in an area of 332 Square Miles.
The New York City Metro Area Population is 18.8 Million, in an area of 6,720 Square Miles.
New York State has a Population of 19,306,183.
The area of New York State is 54,520 Square Miles.

Source: New York State http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York#Population

Source: New York City http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City

Bugfatty

These reason celebrities get permits is because they are at risk. And the reason there is gun control is because the PEOPLE who live there, WANT IT. People who want to have guns should live outside city limits. No one forces you to live in NYC.

I used to shoot too in Upstate NY, but guns and big cities are a bad mix.

I can tell you being that I was born and raised, and lived in NYC for the first 28 years of my life I can tell you that life in NYC is much nicer AFTER the handgun ban than BEFORE it.
I know there because I was there.

Simply put I would gladly take living in NYC where crime is extremely low and has a handgun ban, than living in Miami where guns are legal and crime is skyrocketing.

Last edited:
New York's violation of the Second Amendment only applies in certain counties; like I said, it's very easy to get a permit from the sheriff in Dutchess. If you live in a richer area or closer to the city, though, you're pretty much boned.

Back