Home gyms

Do some butterfly lifts with dumbells. Basically, you "flap" your arms and lift the weight too.Lean down at the waist so your arms hang down.Grab said dumbells and lift your arms wide to form a kind of T, lower arms back to almost hanging, and repeat.

I do that, but that's more for your shoulders, neck and upper back. I meant the area right below that and on the left and right of that.

This is an indirect way of working them...Hold your arms out straight, palms facing forward. Lift up, then lower down. Hold dumbells and repeat. Its more for your shoulders and biceps, but it works the blades too.

I think i do that too. Maybe it's just not meant to be. oh well, i'm sure i can use the info for better workout procedure, thx.

Now what do any of you guys do for flanks(sides).

I don't hear too many good things about bowflex because it's more fore reps and not intense weightlifting since the maximim weight limit on them is low from what i heard.

If you want to do a lot of reps anyway then this is for you, i like the heavier stuff since i like to balance reps out that way.

BTW, i should probably do that rotating sit ups since i see a lot of people at the gym doing them, but i think it's because they want to work their sides, not their backs. I'll give it a try.

it says on that site that the maximum weight was 210 lbs of resistance...but on another site (cant remember where) that is for both arms, so you actually can only get 105 lbs for each arm

yeah one side is 105 lbs.. but its upgradeable.. and i like doing more reps so i can do more of it and build muscle and get lean at the same time.
few reps with alot of weight = u get bulked but ur not that strong as u look..
many reps = u dont get as bulky but u have more resistance
dats what i heard i think.. and i cant do 105 on each arm anyways haha.. like 30 is max for me now <__<! lol

WarMachine said:
Incline bench is excellent stuff especially if you have a spotter for heavier weights. I like the bench press, you don't feel too much pressure and it relieves a lot of stress after you do some sets. My biggest problem though is working my upper back around my shoulder blades, there just doesn't seem to be a good enough way to do it.

concentration curls on a cable machine.

Back