Holy War

FeLiX

Hey guys, new to the forum but im not new to this world

I posted this so i could bring up an issue that is very important to me and that would like to share with you.

In the NATO led offensive agaisnt Serbia, the Serbian people were portrayed as a bunch of butchers trying to create a pure state (CNN). And i do not blame you if you were influenced by this.

Here i come to tell both sides of the story, so then you can make your stance towards this.

Fighting for God: Ottoman Occupation
The Serbs have been fighting a war for the last 600 years, this all started when King Lazar with a coalition of men met the Turkish commander at Kosovo. (Kosovo at that time was 100% serbian state)

kosbitka2.jpg

The Serbs did not just fight for Serbia that day, they thought for Christianity. Serbia was the frontline between Islam and Christ, and the Serbs never stopped fighting.

After that the Serbs went 500yrs under Ottoman occupation, the Serbian Culture, Society and Literature was destroyed.

There were mass executions, torture and horrific scenes of mans brutality. Not only did the Ottomans push the Christian population to a near catastrophic level
They recruited Janissaries, they took Christian boys from the age of 14 and converted them into Islam and made them kill Serbs.
They also conerted over 70% of Albania's population to Islam,

One instance of Ottoman Brutality is "Celekula"... This is where the Turks entered the city of Nis and killed thousands of its inhabitants... They did not just kill them. in fact they made a Tower out of them...

celekula.jpg

The Serbs have been fighting against the Ottomans for 500yrs and finally got their Freedom in the early 1900's but a very large price...

World War II

Although the Croatians, Bulgars, Albanians allied with the Nazis... Serbia fought them

This could have been the worst event for Serbian history, The Croatians promised Hitler/Mussolini that they will convert 1/3, kill 1/3, expell 1/3 of all Serbs living near Croatia...

And they Did...

NOTE: I can not publish the pictures of this because they are too horrific but if you have a strong stomach go here [/url]http://images.google.com.au/images?q=jasenovac&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&start=0&sa=N But this was not the end, the Alb...hat did not end, it never ends for the Serbs http://www.kosovo.com/pogrom_march/podujevo2/page_01.htm Communist Occupation I do not ne...what little they had left. Peace be with you

Both Sides??

Both Sides??

When have you heard CNN or BBC do both sides?
Plus the other side has been presented over and over again, this is the first time this has been put up.

DIRT ON THE US??

If you look in my script i havnt used the word America or US in it Why? because they have nothing to do on what i was talking about.
If you are thinking when i mentioned BBC or CNN, THEY ARE INTERNATIONAL NEWS STATIONS

If anything your trying to dig up dirt on what i said

FeLiX said:
when CNN or BBC starts doing ANYTHING bad about themselves, i will also

Umm well CNN do routinely post "dirt" on the current US administration as they are fairly liberal and if you recall the BBC were at the head of the anti-Iraq war debate so I would say they are both news organisations that are not pro-government (had you have said the Mirror and Fox News I might have agreed with you).

However on the point in question, I have no doubt that the Serbs throughout history have had a hard time of it but that doesnt excuse genocide today.

You cannot tell me that Turkish attrocities 600 years ago or Croat actions 60 years ago justifies wiping out entire towns and villages now.

Re: [b]Holy War[/b]

USAFAUX2004 said:
FeLiX said:
Here i come to tell both sides of the story, so then you can make your stance towards this.
That is where you said that youwill tell both sides

I think this is a english problem not a literal one.
I am guessing he means you have heard one side of the story through CNN and the BBC and now he wants to tell the Serbian side hence you will hear both sides.

People

Before the West Europeans came on the North American peninsula there was 5 million Indians..... now there is 200,000

This is the destruction of an entire civilization.... and when did this happen? 300-400 years ago... BUT IT STILL MATTERS

so you can get away with that, but we cant for defending our country?

because you go round and round in a vicious little circle....someone has to be the bigger side and say "hey why don't we stop this?"

because it has to be the stronger side....it's very hard to stop the cycle.

what happened in kosovo what abhorant....my next door neibour went there as a new zealand peacekeeper....he wont talk about the things he saw

FeLiX said:
People

Before the West Europeans came on the North American peninsula there was 5 million Indians..... now there is 200,000

This is the destruction of an entire civilization.... and when did this happen? 300-400 years ago... BUT IT STILL MATTERS

so you can get away with that, but we cant for defending our country?

Thats not the case essentially it comes down to the old addage that two wrongs dont make a right, at no stage can a "civilised" world accept genocide it was wrong 1000 years ago it is wrong now and it will be wrong in 1000 years time and yes that means the Ottoman empire was wrong, Nazi Germany was wrong and as much as the Americans will hate this what they did was wrong but to go through it all again while people get revenge is not right either.

ok, i can grudgingly accept that, but what i cannot accpet that the Media never brought this up... They should have brought it up to show what the serbs went through

And... U think that the non-serbs were just the victims? what about the serbs

FeLiX said:
ok, i can grudgingly accept that, but what i cannot accpet that the Media never brought this up... They should have brought it up to show what the serbs went through

And... U think that the non-serbs were just the victims? what about the serbs

I have no doubt that there were attrocities on both sides and I agree media coverage has been rather one sided but thats not uncommon I doubt the Serbian media is any less one sided.

have u ever seen Serbian Media?
Only people in Serbia have been influenced by wartime propaganda... 8 million serbs..

How many have seen Western Media.... hundreds on millions, if not a billion people

oh i apologise... i seem to have forgot something

From the 1991 outbreak of War til the 1999 NATO offensive... There was no such thing a as Serbian media.

It was state run by a man called Slobodan Milosevic, who wasnt even a serb... he was a communist, and not even Christian

At this time there were mass protests in the street for Serbian Media, for free media... to proove this write "otpor" in google or yahoo.

therefore U cant use that statement of Serbian Media been one sided, because it didnt exist then

And even today if you mean, i can show you many free media agencie's that have constant coverage of the search for war criminals..

I dont know about the private run Tv stations but RTS the Government run TV station has a moments silence to commemorate the victims of Srebrenica

You cannot expect the world to run on the notion that peoples get to settle past scores. It would never end.

If the Israeli army suddenly invaded Germany with the intent of carving out a homeland in Bavaria, which is where Israel should be, then the world would rise up and kick their foolish butts all the way back to Israel, which is where Israel probably shouldn't be.

But it's done, so it can't be undone.

If the Sioux suddenly started killing all the white people in South Dakota, they would get put down. And despite all of the horrible things that were done to them in the past, they would deserve a swift butt kicking today.

You don't have a right of revenge because that throws the world into endless conflicts: endless cycles.

To put it terms of religious camps, sorry, but that will soundly be rejected by Europe. In the USA there is a certain audience for that lunacy.

Zucchini said:
You cannot expect the world to run on the notion that peoples get to settle past scores. It would never end.

If the Israeli army suddenly invaded Germany with the intent of carving out a homeland in Bavaria, which is where Israel should be, then the world would rise up and kick their foolish butts all the way back to Israel, which is where Israel probably shouldn't be.

But it's done, so it can't be undone.

If the Sioux suddenly started killing all the white people in South Dakota, they would get put down. And despite all of the horrible things that were done to them in the past, they would deserve a swift butt kicking today.

You don't have a right of revenge because that throws the world into endless conflicts: endless cycles.

I agree with you man. history can not be exuse for genocide. but there is something that is really wrong. during NATO campaign whole world was united in idea that serbia should be punished. I was in kosovo at that time, and yes I saw some terrible things. about 700 000 albanians were forced to leave their homes. some people are in hague because of that, and some are in domastic, serbian courts and prisons.

after nato came to kosovo, about 350 000 serbs had to leave kosovo. this was genocide done by albanians. nobody returned to kosovo by then. nobody was responsible for this. nobody on the west knows anything about this. in last 6 years, over 100 serbian monasterys and churches were destroyed by muslim extremists. some of these were 1000 yars old. this is south europe I am talking about, not middle east.

this is not the end of the story, another 500 000 serbs were forced to leave croatia in 1995, nobody did anything to prevent it or to punish people who did it. they even had us military advisors how to do it.

what I am saying is, in last 15 years whole world was able to see only one side of story from the balkan. guys do not believe everything you see on cnn. I live in country where more than 10% of population are refugees. I am not talking about something that happened 100 or 200 yars ago, but about something that is happening in this moment.

Back