THE HOLOCAUST-RELATED SITES IN THESSALONIKI

Maksym Chornyi

THE HOLOCAUST-RELATED SITES IN THESSALONIKI

I have visited Thessaloniki exactly one year ago back in February 2019 and my historical self-made route included a number of sites, closely connected with the WW2 and the Holocaust. Every first recognized book includes the tragic story of the Jewish community of the city and I have studied a number of sources to take you, with history and images, to this dramatic topic. As always I would greatly appreciate your feedback: comments, questions, adding on the article from this short Greece series (my next series of materials would be devoted to Warsaw).

https://war-documentary.info/holocaust-in-salonica/

salonica-main.jpg

A very difficult topic:-(
But we need to talk about it so that our children do not forget the people who suffered at that cruel time (Holocaust). I understand that the new generation does not really want to sit at books and read about the history of those times, but in the modern world there are quite a lot of good documentaries that describe this tragedy. I found one of these collections at wowessays. Quite good pieces such as Architecture of doom. Dir. Peter Cohen. Perf. Rolf Arsenius. [Distributed by] First Run Features, 1991.
Imaginary witness. Dir. Daniel Anker. Perf. Gene Hackman. Koch Lorber Films: 2009.

Night and fog. Dir. Olga Migot. Perf. Michel Bouquet. Alain Resnais, 1955.

Schindler's list. Dir. Steven Spielberg. Perf. Liam Neeson. Universal, 2004.

Shoah. Dir. Claude Lanzmann. Perf. Simon Srebnik. New York, NY: 2003.

I think these are the most important films to watch!

Back