Hola, Hi Bonjour..et al...

Autumn1890

Just wanted to drop a Hello here. I'm new to the site. I was researching some weird laws and came across this site. I'm a military Brat. Father was in the USAF for 25 years. History Buff especially with World War II and other things. Thanks to the military and my dad's tenure, I was able to travel around to many places. My most favorable place that we lived was in Bremerhaven, Germany. When were in Germany, the Berlin wall was still erected. At a young age, we toured the death camp, Dachau, Also, we took a trip that had us cross over into East Germany at that time. It was an eye opening experience to a young girl/kid, because the train we were on had to stop and be searched by East German soldiers carrying guns and having guard dogs to make sure nobody was trying to get back over to the free side at the time. It was the first time I ever encountered soldiers carrying guns. I do support our military back here in the states. Have many family and friends who are currently serving or who have retired from service.

Autumn

Welcome, I shopped at the American PX in Bremerhaven many times when I was based in Germany in the early 1990s with the Royal Military Police. ;)

Back