Hog news A-10

rock45

I may have posted this Hog Blog here before I can't remember ever seeing a A-10 and a Su-25 together, in the same picture. A little friendly training took part and I would enjoying hearing each others opinion on each others aircraft. I'm a big fan of both types I lean toward the A-10 a more modern and capable platform but the Su-25 by far is one of my favorite Russian types, also very capable.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Reunion April 2009" media day at Bezmer Air Base, Bulgaria

U.S. and Bulgarian Airmen pose for a photo in front of their aircraft April 15, 2009. Airmen deployed from Spangdahlem and Ramstein Air Bases, Germany, to Bezmer Air Base, Bulgaria, to support "Reunion April 2009," a joint training exercise. The A-10 is 81-0962 from the 81st Fighter Squadron. (U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Bill Gomez) Hi-res

Link
http://warthognews.blogspot.com/2009/04/reunion-april-2009-media-day-at-bezmer.html

Neat.
Although they call them equivilents, I'd say the A-10 is the better CAS bird if only because of the GAU-8.

IMHO the A-10 has the edge.

No question, especially the "C". Better electronics, weapons, Armor, and lower speed. Its it Dwarfs the SU-25.

Both Aircraft have been used and suffered losses in combat, but alot more SU-25 were brought down than A-10s, especially in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
American supplied Stingers played a big part in the early loses for the Su-25. I saw on Wings how changes to the engine armor and the aircraft lost rate dropped. The Stinger worked very well compared to almost anything at that time on the market. It took the Russians by surprise on just how good and simple it was to use it.

Both type because of there mission profile are at risk to hand held SAM's and triple AAA fire.

Can't think of the title of a book off the top of my head I read about the A-10 in the first Gulf War but what an aircraft.

A10 /Su 25

I love the A10 have a scale model of 1/32 painted in green camo,
why i like the hog is the gattling gun and the then the missile and bomb weight it carry. The SU 25 never seen it in combat. A10 seen a good clip of it in Iraq not sure if it was the 1 or second, in the clip it killed a lot of t75 tanks
to me A 10 rocks

Hi tommy_gunn
The SU 25 never seen it in combat.

That's not correct the Su-25 has seen combat and is combat proven.
icon12.gif

There's a huge difference between 25 and A-10, in fact you cant even compare them since they fulfill the same role but are based on completely different principles.

A-10 is massively better since its slower and capable of maintaining slower speeds which means it can put a LOT more fire on a target before it needs to change position.

When comparing

I would take a A-10 hands down but as far as Russian design and produced aircraft go the Su-25 is one of there best.

The Frogfoot is a very good aircraft, and IMHO one of Russia's best-but the A-10 is still better, especially if you count the GAU-8 into the equation.

SU 25 by far...bigger payload, can destroy more Tanks then hog.
hog carries around 1.1 k bullets + - some missiles and aerial bombs.

SU 25 can carry up to 320+ missiles.
Su 25 better avionics, better protection, better speed and manueverebility.
at low speeds hog and su 25 are equal.

su 25 has better climb rate and can escape the range of manpads quicker. hog takes 4 minets to climb up out of manpads reach and that is just too much time.

hog is good but a bit innacurate.

as for hog and su25 being well protected su 25 is still much better protected.

hog has better all round visual from the **** pit

Back