Hiya

Julie

Hi I´m Julie.
Lots of interesting stuff on this forum.

I´m a 17 year old girl from Scotland and I hope to enter the British Army as an officer cadet next year. I´ve been in the Army Cadet Force for 4 years. I am Sergeant in The Glasgow and Lanarkshire Battalion ACF.

Good luck Julie and best wishes for the future. I am sure your late father would be very proud of you

Hi there Julie, welcome aboard lass!

It's sure nice to see some feminine counterweight to the mass of grumpy old men like myself here.
As you may have noticed already, the forum is sparkling with tension and various fights over the best arguement in old questions about lost causes, but less we learn from history the more likely we are to repeat the same historical misstakes done ages ago.

It appears to me that you have chosen to follow the path into your late fathers profession, I can only wish you the best of luck, and hope that you will come through with your head raised in pride.
Not only over your fathers memory, but also your own achievements.

That said, I must add that no 10 year old child should have to carry the burden of facing the loss of a parent at such an age, at least not when there's so much you should have been taught by him.

Good luck lass, and do your best, nobody can expect more than that.

Greetings... I am from Dingapore...

I finally get to meet someone from Scotland who is not a man with a skirt! (just kidding).

I understand you are planning to join the Armed forces. Best of luck and God bless!

Back