Hitler's involvement in Holocaust




 
--
 
December 30th, 2009  
radarsonar
 

Topic: Hitler's involvement in Holocaust


Hi all,

It is well know that Hitler ordered total annihilation of jews from the map of Europe. But I recently saw a BBC documentary 'The Nazis: A warning from History' which seem to suggest that Hitler never gave direct orders for torturing or tormenting jews.

His style of governance was totally unstructured and he would never give detailed plans, but just talk in 'visions for Germany' and his supporters, loyalists implemented it in whatever way they liked(selfish motives or ideological motives) saying its the 'order from Fuhrer's office'.

This leads me to believe that Hitler did not plan in detail the concentration camps, torture plans etc, but his administration was totally unstructured and anyone could do anything under his regime, provided it resulted in implementation of Hitler's will.

This does not of course absolve him of crimes against humanity, but he may not be as dead cruel/psycho as he is portrayed to be. (Though he did have deep hatred for jews, he did not plan in detail to torture them like a psycho).

I think total character assassination of Hitler was done by Allies after winning world war 2. Let me know your thoughts on this.
December 30th, 2009  
The Other Guy
 
 
I get the feeling you're not going to get much support for your theories, but let me input my two cents:

Hitler was politically very smart. He times his rise to power quite well with the collapse of the Weimar Republic, found a common "bad guy" in a separated group of society the majority already had prejudice against, promised to return Germany to world power and then followed up on his promise.

However, had he had any control over his subordinates at all (which I have the feeling he did, otherwise he would not have remained the head of a facist government very long) the smart thing would have been to ignore the whole "death camp" thing and take the large number of German troops staffing these camps and send them to battle. However, Hitler did know what was happening and made not attempt to stop it. The Final Solution was of his creation, and as the supreme leader of a Facist country whatever he said went. And he chose to staff these camps instead of sending more troops to frontline duty.

Verdict: Hitler was every bit as evil as he is portrayed to be, but there was a small touch of brilliance hidden in there.
December 30th, 2009  
radarsonar
 
I agree with you that Hitler was Evil because he wanted to eliminate Jews. But all I am trying to say is he did not devise detailed plans to torture them (like medical experiments on them, rape, torture, liquidation of jewish assets etc). These were done by selfish cold blooded psychos in Nazi regime who used Hitler's name to do these things to suit their selfish needs.

But yes, Hitler ignored these crimes and hence he is evil.
--
December 30th, 2009  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarsonar
I agree with you that Hitler was Evil because he wanted to eliminate Jews. But all I am trying to say is he did not devise detailed plans to torture them (like medical experiments on them, rape, torture, liquidation of jewish assets etc). These were done by selfish cold blooded psychos in Nazi regime who used Hitler's name to do these things to suit their selfish needs.

But yes, Hitler ignored these crimes and hence he is evil.
I would say that Hitler never "ignored" the crimes, but that he actually ordered them. Which in my eyes is even worse.
December 30th, 2009  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarsonar
Hi all,

It is well know that Hitler ordered total annihilation of jews from the map of Europe. But I recently saw a BBC documentary 'The Nazis: A warning from History' which seem to suggest that Hitler never gave direct orders for torturing or tormenting jews.

His style of governance was totally unstructured and he would never give detailed plans, but just talk in 'visions for Germany' and his supporters, loyalists implemented it in whatever way they liked(selfish motives or ideological motives) saying its the 'order from Fuhrer's office'.

This leads me to believe that Hitler did not plan in detail the concentration camps, torture plans etc, but his administration was totally unstructured and anyone could do anything under his regime, provided it resulted in implementation of Hitler's will.

This does not of course absolve him of crimes against humanity, but he may not be as dead cruel/psycho as he is portrayed to be. (Though he did have deep hatred for jews, he did not plan in detail to torture them like a psycho).

I think total character assassination of Hitler was done by Allies after winning world war 2. Let me know your thoughts on this.

I think if you want to help Hitler out by apportioning guilt then you have to also look at Himmler and Goering as the architects of the system, but in the end no matter how little a part Hitler played in the process he is still responsible for the holocaust.

As far as character assassination goes I really don't think there was a whole lot to do, he had been responsible for a war and roughly 40-50 million deaths (Stalin gets most of the rest), destroying his nation and its reputation for years afterward (Germans are still apologising for him 70 years after his death), the man was a complete nut job.
December 30th, 2009  
rattler
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
-snip-
As far as character assassination goes I really don't think there was a whole lot to do, he had been responsible for a war and roughly 40-50 million deaths (Stalin gets most of the rest), destroying his nation and its reputation for years afterward (Germans are still apologising for him 70 years after his death), the man was a complete nut job.
Indeed (highlighting by me), from one apologetic German.

Hitler read all the material from the Wansee Conference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wannsee_Conference) and IIRC approved directly.

Rattler
December 30th, 2009  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler
Indeed (highlighting by me), from one apologetic German.

Rattler
The actions of the Nazis were absolutely inexcusable, but I fail to see why someone born in 1946 should feel the need to apologise on behalf of their country for things that happened before they were even born.

The architects of the events leading up to and during the war are almost without exception all long dead. I feel that it is time the world accepted that the Germany of today need no longer carry any blame for this. Germany has learnt from their errors and is a model citizen of the world which many countries would do well to emulate.
December 30th, 2009  
A Can of Man
 
 
I agree.
Germany should not be apologizing anymore.
If anything, all it does is give political ammunition to right wing extremists in Germany.
December 30th, 2009  
wolfen
 
Actually he did plan the concentration camps, that was the place he had all the Jews sent.

And YES is was as cruel and bad a man as he is portrayed. I had two Grandfathers in WW2, one on a Uboat, and one in a ME109E4- ME109G6, and they kept journals that my grandmother passed down to my mother, when my mother dies I get them, but I have read what they wrote, they were both scared to death of what Hitler would have done to them had they not joined the Nazi political party, and they were both Loyal germans, theres no Jewish blood anywhere in my entire family tree, and my family hates what Hitler did and stood for.
December 31st, 2009  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
The actions of the Nazis were absolutely inexcusable, but I fail to see why someone born in 1946 should feel the need to apologise on behalf of their country for things that happened before they were even born.

The architects of the events leading up to and during the war are almost without exception all long dead. I feel that it is time the world accepted that the Germany of today need no longer carry any blame for this. Germany has learnt from their errors and is a model citizen of the world which many countries would do well to emulate.
There's people here apologising for slavery that ended 150 years ago & all involved are long dead.Guess it's just part of modern thought.
 


Similar Topics
The Holocaust Declaration
Has the lesson of Holocaust been forgotten???
Iranian paper plans Holocaust cartoon contest
Iran to hold conference debunking holocaust
The Holocaust is a Lie; The U.S. Brought 9/11 Upon Itself