Hitler's Ashes - Page 2

--

May 14th, 2018  
BritinAfrica

An interesting video regarding Hitlers escape.

May 14th, 2018  
MontyB

I am still going with the original story, while all of the escape stories use known fact about escape routes etc. none of them seem to take into account the logistics of flying probably the most known and wanted man around a hostile world in 1945.

As far as him posing for pictures and strutting around South America I think are fanciful at best, lets be honest do any of us think the Russians, British, any of the occupied European countries or Israelis would have just let him live out his days on a continental vacation?
May 17th, 2018  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I am still going with the original story, while all of the escape stories use known fact about escape routes etc. none of them seem to take into account the logistics of flying probably the most known and wanted man around a hostile world in 1945.

As far as him posing for pictures and strutting around South America I think are fanciful at best, lets be honest do any of us think the Russians, British, any of the occupied European countries or Israelis would have just let him live out his days on a continental vacation?
The Israelis had been very determined to get him if they suspected him being in South America. If the Israelis hadn't been able to catch/kill him, they hadn't been silent about Hitler's whereabouts.
--
May 17th, 2018  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I forget the name of the airfield quite away to the North of Berlin where ME 262's were stationed as one possible seascape route.

When I was a small boy in the 1950's it was often discussed in my family whether Hitler died in Berlin, my dear old Uncle Charlie (EX Long Range Desert Group) was convinced he escaped. As I have said before I have no firm conviction either way, whether he escaped or died in 1945
Hi Brit I was being facetious, you likely already figured.
May 18th, 2018  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
Hi Brit I was being facetious, you likely already figured.
lol Yes I know me old mucker.