Hitler's Ashes

I3BrigPvSk

The Viking
This is almost funny, but to be honest, it is really weird and I have never heard about it before. There was a documentary on Swedish TV about the remains of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun. According to a Swedish magazine publisher, their remains were in Sweden up to the end of 1990s. After that the remains returned to Linz in Austria, where a Neo -Nazis spread their ashes and were supposed to celebrate his birthday. A newsgroup went to Linz to see if they showed up at the location provided by the publisher. What happened? Nobody showed up at his birthday.

What I know about AH's remains, his remains were spread somewhere outside Magdeburg in the 1970s. What remains might be his jaw bone in Moscow and that's it

This is almost funny, but to be honest, it is really weird and I have never heard about it before. There was a documentary on Swedish TV about the remains of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun. According to a Swedish magazine publisher, their remains were in Sweden up to the end of 1990s. After that the remains returned to Linz in Austria, where a Neo -Nazis spread their ashes and were supposed to celebrate his birthday. A newsgroup went to Linz to see if they showed up at the location provided by the publisher. What happened? Nobody showed up at his birthday.

What I know about AH's remains, his remains were spread somewhere outside Magdeburg in the 1970s. What remains might be his jaw bone in Moscow and that's it

It seems the theories and BS about what happened to Hitler and - or his remains are endless. The Discovery channel had some nonsense about his life in Argentina after escaping from Berlin at the last minute. Watched part of it just for laughs. So much for educational TV.

It seems the theories and BS about what happened to Hitler and - or his remains are endless. The Discovery channel had some nonsense about his life in Argentina after escaping from Berlin at the last minute. Watched part of it just for laughs. So much for educational TV.

I have seen parts of that one. Didn't they have a similar TV series about the assassination of JFK and Oswald? We have a thread about it here somewhere. The skull fragment in Moscow is from a woman but the jaw bone seems to be his.

I have played with the though "what if the Allied were able to capture him alive"

As much as I like watching things for a laugh, there are far too many people that take whatever is on Nat Geo, Discovery and the History Channel as fact because those channels were built around factual documentaries and have subsequently gone commercial.

I remember a time when documentaries were made by scientists and documentaries were made to educate instead of entertain. Sure, some of us can find a value and be entertained while watching something that also educate us. I also remember funny comedies. I miss the sitcom Allo Allo and similar TV series.

I remember a time when documentaries were made by scientists and documentaries were made to educate instead of entertain. Sure, some of us can find a value and be entertained while watching something that also educate us. I also remember funny comedies. I miss the sitcom Allo Allo and similar TV series.

Fear, not Megan Fox is now going to re-educate us about history and archaeology, anyone want to bet that U-571 will look like a historical documentary by the end of series 1.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12050124

There's another TV series regarding Hitlers possible escape routes, one by ME 262 and the other by U Boat

Plenty of runways around Berlin at the end of the war long enough for ME 262's.

The story goes that Hans Baur saw Hitler on April the 30th, 45 and offered to fly him out in a Fieseler Storch. To many present verified Hitler refused the offer.

Plenty of runways around Berlin at the end of the war long enough for ME 262's.

The story goes that Hans Baur saw Hitler on April the 30th, 45 and offered to fly him out in a Fieseler Storch. To many present verified Hitler refused the offer.

I forget the name of the airfield quite away to the North of Berlin where ME 262's were stationed as one possible seascape route.

When I was a small boy in the 1950's it was often discussed in my family whether Hitler died in Berlin, my dear old Uncle Charlie (EX Long Range Desert Group) was convinced he escaped. As I have said before I have no firm conviction either way, whether he escaped or died in 1945

An interesting video regarding Hitlers escape.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunZh7hG56U"]How the CIA 'found' Hitler alive in Colombia in 1954 - YouTube[/ame]

I am still going with the original story, while all of the escape stories use known fact about escape routes etc. none of them seem to take into account the logistics of flying probably the most known and wanted man around a hostile world in 1945.

As far as him posing for pictures and strutting around South America I think are fanciful at best, lets be honest do any of us think the Russians, British, any of the occupied European countries or Israelis would have just let him live out his days on a continental vacation?

I am still going with the original story, while all of the escape stories use known fact about escape routes etc. none of them seem to take into account the logistics of flying probably the most known and wanted man around a hostile world in 1945.

As far as him posing for pictures and strutting around South America I think are fanciful at best, lets be honest do any of us think the Russians, British, any of the occupied European countries or Israelis would have just let him live out his days on a continental vacation?

The Israelis had been very determined to get him if they suspected him being in South America. If the Israelis hadn't been able to catch/kill him, they hadn't been silent about Hitler's whereabouts.

I forget the name of the airfield quite away to the North of Berlin where ME 262's were stationed as one possible seascape route.

When I was a small boy in the 1950's it was often discussed in my family whether Hitler died in Berlin, my dear old Uncle Charlie (EX Long Range Desert Group) was convinced he escaped. As I have said before I have no firm conviction either way, whether he escaped or died in 1945

Hi Brit I was being facetious, you likely already figured.

Hitler only Committed suicide because he didn't want to be captured by the Russians. Perhaps if Britain and the US reached Hitler before the Russians maybe he would have lived a little longer.

Back